Article: Idol becomes 'filial-dol' for gifting her mother with a money cake
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+1,023, -29] If only I could do something like this for my mother... but instead it's so hard for me to even feed and house myself that I'm still receiving help from them day to day. Finding employment is hard, I'm only getting older, it seems my friends are finding their own paths... life's heavy.
2. [+979, -15] I wish I was wealthy enough to not only give my parents a money cake but only walk a path of money
3. [+821, -17] My heart wants to give my parents double that... so it upsets me to see myself knowing that I can't
4. [+36, -1] F*ck, I must be a rotten son then
5. [+32, -1] I have to work super hard, I want to do this for my parents too
6. [+31, -7] Is she bragging about her money?
7. [+24, -0] Sigh... when will I get to give back to my parents... So much debt to pay off, it's getting exhausting. Employment is getting even harder... I just want to give it all up and leave... so jealous of her~~
8. [+18, -0] I agree with the best replies... I saw this picture and thought the same.. ㅜ that I want to do this for my parents too... we all have the same heart.
9. [+16, -1] Hmm, this is not a bad idea. I was wondering what to give for my parent's 60th birthday.
10. [+15, -0] Remember what Kim Jong Guk said... that parents can't wait for you to be ready to be filial... instead of thinking "I'll be filial after I make money", just give them a call today or go grab dinner with them over a bowl of jajangmyun. That's what it really means to be filial.
11. [+14, -0] There's a total of 1.25 million won in bills in that picture (two 50k bills, one 10k bill, two 50k bills in the picture, eight 10k bills and 21 50k bills around the outside, and two 10k bills and two 50k bills on top).
12. [+12, -2] Something about the picture makes me feel like a lesser person by comparison and awfully sorry to my parents;;;;;;;;;