Article: Sandara Park, "I felt out of place in 2NE1... It made me feel intimidated"
Source: TV Report via Naver
When Yoo Hee Yeol asked her, "So CL is the rapper of the group, Park Bom is the vocal, Minzy is the dance, then are you the image?" She explained, "I actually cried a lot when I heard that because I felt like something I had been trying to hide was unveiled. I felt out of place in 2NE1 and it really dropped my self-esteem and made me feel intimidated. I thought that I wasn't a needed member of the group. Whenever I felt like that, the members would come together and give me the strenght to feel better about myself."
1. [+5,130, -105] Isn't she in charge of the visuals of the group?
2. [+3,900, -104] She was the most popular though
3. [+3,776, -76] Sandara honestly did all the hard stuff on varieties... the other 2NE1 members have such strong images that makes it hard to approach them but Sandara has that cute, feminine, nice image that the public can approach easier. There's no reason for her to feel bad about herself, I like her the best out of 2NE1 ♡
4. [+3,361, -128] She's so nice.. I wish the best for her
5. [+2,528, -80] That's not true ㅠ find strength! 2NE1 can only exist with you
6. [+532, -27] Imagine if Sandara was never a part of 2NE1. No matter how unique they are as a group, they never would've made it as just the three of them.
7. [+440, -12] Honestly she pulled in so much popularity for them with the attention she garnered for her pineapple hair
8. [+425, -28] You're in charge of the looks~ that's nothing to be embarrassed about. Looks and character are so important for idols and you're still considered a one top among idols today. She's too nice and responsible for her own good... Next time, smile proudly and say you're the visual of the group ^^
9. [+365, -23] Without Sandara, 2NE1's average visual would be so low... doesn't matter how talented you are as a group, you need a visual member to get anywhere
10. [+351, -21] She's the visual member and that's nothing to scoff at. It's a position that the other three members couldn't take over. All four have different talents and that's what makes them unique!
1. [+400, -18] It probably broke her heart more because what she was hearing was true
2. [+282, -26] She's the prettiest face of the group though
3. [+225, -26] Find strength... 2NE1 could only exist with all four of you together ㅎ
4. [+28, -11] It's true though. She has nothing special about her other than her youthful face. She has an unstable voice and less and less parts in every song release, she's clueless on varieties... She's literally nothing but her face.
5. [+28, -15] Amazes me how she admits that an embarrassing part of her was unveiled and yet she didn't work to fix it ㅋ
6. [+25, -13] Her skills never improved even an ounce during the duration of 2NE1's career ㅋ
7. [+21, -2] She's older now so I don't know how she sizes up against the other groups but when her girl group first debuted, her face was considered first tier. Who cares about everything else when all that matters for an idol is a pretty face.
8. [+19, -8] The little male fans that 2NE1 had were mostly because of Sandara's looks. 2NE1 would have had 0 male fans if Sandara wasn't a member.
9. [+18, -4] She's still the nicest and most innocent member of the group
10. [+17, -1] Having a pretty face is a talent in itself