Article: Kang Seung Yoon, "0 income if I don't have work... I cried at how difficult life was"
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+909, -17] It's one of YG's pros and cons. You get your freedom and the ability to preserve your musicality but in turn there are a lot of restrictions placed on when and how you can promote... You can't just do whatever you want because you're under contract too.
2. [+837, -16] Feels like just yesterday he was singing 'By Instinct', time flies so fast
3. [+610, -16] At least you still have a shot at that one opportunity that can propel you to superstardom wealth..
4. [+54, -4] Nobody makes an income if they don't work...
5. [+51, -6] I reckon he would've made it if he never went to YG..
6. [+50, -8] YG only supports the kids they choose to, the rest are coldly left on the backburner
7. [+34, -9] That goes for the rest of us, we all make 0 income if we don't work too
8. [+33, -5] Yeah, work really is unstable for celebrities but when they do find work, they make as much as people at large scale corporations do
9. [+28, -5] But when celebrities do have work, don't they get paid a ton?? He shouldn't be acting like he faces the same struggles as the rest of us... And stars like him who can make their own music can just live off of royalties and make hundreds of thousands off of that, just look at GD. Stuff like royalties can be passed on to your future generations too. He doesn't know how good he has it. So many of those hip hop losers and other singers can do nothing all year because they make enough in royalties. Makes me sick to see celebrities crying about how hard they have it when being a celebrity or a sports star is one of the only jobs in Korea where you can start with nothing and make something out of yourself.
10. [+27, -0] Nobody makes an income if they don't work
11. [+27, -1] Nobody has any right to call Kang Seung Yoon a big spender or poor saver ㅋㅋ he paid all of his family's debt off with all the money he made
12. [+26, -2] But isn't that basic logic? You don't have an income if you don't work;;
13. [+20, -4] And yet the hat he's wearing is $700
14. [+18, -0] It's okay, the one time you do find work, you'll be sitting on superstardom wealth
15. [+17, -0] The hardships he's talking about are when he was a trainee and living with just his mom, which is understandable; and he's saying he's happy to have a fixed casting position because it means a stable income. He's not trying to ask for sympathy or anything, he just came out of a long hiatus. Just because he makes more money than you guys doesn't mean he doesn't have struggles of his own ㅋㅋ