Article: Super Junior, the reason he had to work night and day while even selling his car
Source: YTN via Nate
Leeteuk's inspiring lecture at a high school is earning attention for all that he has suffered in life to get to where he is now. He talked abut suffering from depression while serving in the army and going through the death of his father, who left ill words for him in his will as well as 5 billion won in debt that Leeteuk had to pay off by even selling his car and increasing his schedules. He ends his lecture by talking about how he eventually overcame his hardships and is in a much better place relationship wise with Super Junior and how there is hope at the end of the tunnel.
1. [+718, -24] His father was downright cruel to him... As if it wasn't bad enough that he left him 5 billion won in debt but he even left ill words that will for sure torment Leeteuk for the rest of his life. How can you call yourself a parent? Fortunately Leeteuk was strong enough mentally to make it through his service but imagine if he rebelled and did something bad? And to think that even after his discharge, when he's still so young and has so much to live for, he was stuck paying back 5 billion win in debt. So, so cruel of the father to take away such strength and will from his own son. I hope he forgets about his father and lives a happy, fulfilling life. Doesn't matter how important blood is when the parent doesn't know how to be a real parent for their kid. No reason to remember that kind of pain, just live your own life the best you can. Find strength, kiddo.
2. [+602, -27] I really do wish the best for Leeteuk. It's so hard to lose your family just like that... Good luck man, seriously
3. [+476, -23] Fighting...
4. [+62, -9] The people who are saying he could've given up his inheritance don't know what they're talking about. Leeteuk's a public figure so the debt collectors would be following him no matter what to get any penny they can. Even if he's a celebrity, 5 billion won is no easy cash to pay back. It's not like Leeteuk's as popular as he was when Super Junior was at their peak either.
5. [+56, -1] His father's really something... It's Leeteuk's pain in the end so I won't say too much about it but what he wrote in his will is shocking. I hope Leeteuk lives happily with his nuna and mother.
6. [+29, -2] Super Junior as a whole got so much hate because of Kangin but I know that Super Junior is a fun boy group overall. It's my first time finding out about Leeteuk's family issues but I have nothing to say other than fighting~! ^^
7. [+28, -1] His lecture's true, sometimes life isn't all about what you see on the outside. I support him, he seems like a good guy.
8. [+26, -1] Leeteuk's really known to be so good to his fans and despite Super Junior having so many members, he takes care of all of them. During group shows, the other celebrities are all out playing and having fun but Leeteuk stays to MC and whatnot ㅠㅠ so sad to see people hate on him without really knowing the type of person he is. Leeteuk fighting, you deserve to be happy.
9. [+24, -1] His father bankrupted his own business and left Leeteuk to pay back money he's never spent in his life
10. [+24, -3] Ah... no wonder people started commenting to shield him and telling others to stop hating on him... I did always think it was weird how he got so much hate when he never did anything wrong
11. [+22, -1] Wow, strong mentality... never even made it obvious while he was going through such tough things... amazing. Leeteuk fighting.
12. [+21, -2] To all the people asking why his father was in debt when Leeteuk's a popular celebrity is because Leeteuk originally lived with just his mother and nuna before his debut. His father's really only his father in name and Leeteuk didn't have to pay back that money but he didn't want it to affect Super Junior's name so he paid it back despite how hard it was.
13. [+20, -2] To write so much hate about your own child in your will... his father's worse than Jang Yoon Jung's mother. Leeteuk's such a strong person for even finishing his army service in that situation. No wonder he's been working so hard ever since...