Article: From Yewon to Han Sunhwa... why do they choose to become 'actors'?
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+9,925, -219] Because they can't sing but they personally think they have faces pretty enough for acting
2. [+7,450, -159] They're not vocally talented enough to go solo, they don't want to do physical work on variety shows... they just want to do princess-like roles on dramas is all..
3. [+5,339, -136] They don't have enough talent to go solo whereas with acting, they just need to land a hit drama and it's easy from there. They also have more public recognition which puts them ahead of other rookie actors in terms of competition.
4. [+4,879, -93] Just leave em alone~ the industry is set up in a way where they'll naturally disappear if acting isn't for them. Just watch over them and see what happens.
5. [+905, -37] It's funny how actual actors aren't so stuck up about their jobs but idols who get into acting all get caught up with actor diseases ㅋㅋㅋ Han Sunhwa too and Yewon ㅋㅋㅋ They seem to think that actors have a certain class to them while idols look cheap ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+762, -29] A singer just doesn't look as good next to real actors... doesn't matter how pretty you are when you're standing next to a real actor
7. [+664, -23] I actually think it makes them look like they lack passion. Why did they become singers in the first place then?
8. [+608, -11] None of the above have what it takes to be a lead role in anything, they should stop being greedy
1. [+543, -34] So many no name actors are probably angry right now... they could be given so much more opportunities if not for these pathetic idols
2. [+474, -21] Idols... and their crappy acting... please go learn from the basics
3. [+389, -20] Why can't they train in acting first if they want to be actors so bad ㅜㅜ
4. [+31, -2] Well they can't sing, what else do you expect them to do...
5. [+29, -4] Idols have a short lifespan and it's not like they're vocally talented enough to to go solo or anything... they don't know any other trades so they might as well put their only asset, a pretty face, to use in acting..
6. [+28, -1] What? They have the visuals to get into acting? Put them next to any real actor and you'll see just how plastic they look.
7. [+23, -2] They should be like Oh Yoon Ah or quit. Oh Yoon Ah's known as a veteran actress now but she started as an import model and worked her way up from small roles to the lead role she is now. You would never guess she was an import model with how famous she is for her acting now.
8. [+21, -1] They have zero vocal talent, they can't do anything else
9. [+18, -1] Because they know that even they suck at singing
10. [+16, -7] Because acting's something that isn't restricted by age unlike idols