Seolhyun gives an interview on her acting career


Article: [Exclusive Interview] Seolhyun, "I'm still a rookie as an actress, of course I don't have a representative work"

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

- What are the different charms of singing, acting, and variety?
A singer's charm is their ability to show everything that they've worked hard to prepare in 3 minutes. I feel happiness when I can feel the reactions from the crowd right away from stage. As for an actor, I think being able to live life as a different person is a charm. You can try so many things you've never tried before through acting. Through varieties, I can also show who I really am. As a singer and actor, you're made up to present something more than who you really are whereas my image on varieties is closer to 100% of who I am.

- You don't quite have a representative work both on the small and big screens despite having starred in several already.
I'm a rookie actress still. I haven't done a lot compared to how long I've been working. I of course don't have any representative works because of that.

- What are your pros and cons as an actor?
I'm good at feeling the emotions of a situation, no matter the situation. For as fast as I can get emotional, I still feel that I lack in expressing them. I'm the type of personality that struggles with expressing myself and I think that shows in my acting. I know I feel it in my heart but I don't think I've reached a point where I can express it in my acting yet.

- Do you have a genre you'd like to try?
I like fantasy movies... I would like to try an SF or fantasy movie someday. I also want to try a story about communicating with animals. I love animals so I'd love to work in a drama or movie with them.

- Which do you like more, acting or singing?
If I had to choose between the two, I think I'm right in the middle. I find both very fun and I could never give one up. When I act, I find acting fun, and when I sing, I find singing fun.

-

1. [+483, -60] Please all you idols, stop acting... if you must act, then at least stay out of movies. I really want to rip the screen apart with some of you.

2. [+453, -45] Her image was great at the start but her agency media played so much that they turned it right back. Her CEO is her anti.

3. [+430, -57] But are you even a good singer... aigoo... you should be looking to improve your singing, why're you acting...

4. [+40, -5] Your voice tone makes up 80% of acting and her voice alone is already an error

5. [+39, -9] So she "can feel the emotions but can't express them"? Then why is she taking lead roles...

6. [+32, -6] If she really wants to pursue acting, she needs to start from the basics and really study up with smaller roles and work her way up. It's because she takes lead roles without the skills for it that her acting doesn't connect with the viewers...

7. [+26, -4] Her voice is an error ㅠ

8. [+24, -4] She can't sing, can't act, she's barely maintaining her popularity with her body

9. [+23, -3] It's not only that you can't act, your pronunciation is also really bad too. Just stay out of acting forever.

10. [+21, -3] If you're a rookie, then act like one by starting with smaller roles ^^

11. [+20, -3] Idols have a short lifespan and she can't sing on her own so it's always those idols who can't do this or that that end up going into acting

12. [+18, -1] Don't act

13. [+16, -0] She's not a singer, she's not an actor... if she wants to just show her face everywhere, she should be a model. I hate singers who can't sing and actors who can't act ㅋㅋ

14. [+15, -0] Looks like the end goal for every idol is to become an actor

15. [+12, -1] I personally think she's a pretty and charming style but I recently saw that movie 'Gangnam 1970' and her acting is pretty embarrassing. If you're someone who thinks Kim Go Eun is bad at acting, then you should avoid Seolhyun's stuff altogether.

-