Article: Was Winner the real winner?
Source: 10asia via Nate
1. [+433, -15] I feel so bad for Winner. Their debut album was really fresh and I think their agency being as big as YG is didn't actually work in their favor. It's not that they didn't benefit from them at all but I've just never heard of a rookie taking a hiatus for a year and a half like that.
2. [+396, -17] Empty, Don't Flirt, etc they had a lot of great songs, I wish they'd comeback already. Yang Hyun Suk should stop casting trainees from 'K-Pop Star' and give his own artists some ample support ㅠㅠ
3. [+366, -15] Black Pink debuted in August but they're having their comeback in November... So YG is clearly capable of giving their rookies a new comeback in just 3 months so why is Winner on break for a year and a half just 3 months after their own debut.... I feel like if Winner was under a mid-tier agency, they'd be on TV a lot more than they are now. It's such a shame that such a talented group of kids aren't able to show their full potential. Winner has great songs...
4. [+53, -21] Jinwoo-ya, hurry on out
5. [+47, -0] Such a waste of Kang Seung Yoon's talents...
6. [+44, -3] Winner had a shining debut. They were so refreshing because they were different from YG's usual concepts. Their album was brimming with songs that were equal title worthy. There are still a lot of fans waiting ㅜ so please comeback with a good song soon
7. [+41, -2] Winner has the potential to go big with the right support. It's just that YG isn't giving that support ㅜ.ㅜ Winner has the type of songs that even the public can comfortably listen to so they're not like most idols. I hope to see more of them in the future!!!
8. [+40, -1] 'Empty' did really well for a rookie group but YG choosing to keep them on hiatus for a year and a half after that was their biggest mistake. That's a crucial time for rookie groups to really set up their fanbases but going on hiatus right then only caused their 'light fans' to leave. I'm really sad that Nam Taehyun is sick but also sad that there are so many misreports about him right now too.
9. [+39, -8] Kang Seung Yoon and Song Minho have big fandoms ㅜ just something about the timing with this group is always off...
10. [+33, -1] I feel like YG puts more pressure on their boy groups than their girl groups. It's not necessary that an artist always has to produce his own music but YG puts too much pressure on their boy groups to produce.
11. [+31, -5] What's worse is that other groups release choreography videos as fan service on YouTube but YG released Winner's as a separate DVD. Talk about milking the money ㅋㅋ
12. [+30, -1] I still remember Yang Hyun Suk pressuring Winner during 'WIN' "Do you want to go to the army or do you want to go to the stage" ㅋㅋㅋ If the kids had served in the army right after their debut, they'd already be out during their hiatus... sigh. All of this is so frustrating. YG really is the type to debut groups they can't handle and start businesses they can't manage; I really want to see the 5 promoting again
13. [+28, -6] YG's soon going to become an agency that trainees won't want to join. YG's name only holds value in the past... nowadays, all of their releases have been doing lackluster. Their rookies are all the same style with character issues. YG's glory days were just up to Big Bang, that's it.
14. [+25, -2] I'll support you forever Winner, see you healthy soon!!
15. [+22, -3] Don't blame Taehyun for the comeback being delayed. Just give the other 4 ample opportunities to promote individually until the comeback!!