Pann: Kim Yoo Jung's caste difference controversy;;
In an interview, she talked about wanting to work with Park Bogum in a different drama in the future and mentioned that since she starred in 'Love in the Moonlight' as hi (the king), eunuch, she said, "I think it'd be fun if I were a higher caste than him in our next drama. I'd be a chaebol family's daughter and Bogum oppa would be the son of a small store (hole in the wall)."
1. [+164, -4] She seems to still be living in her historical drama world, there's no such thing as a caste system where one job makes you better than the other now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+162, -6] She seems to have been raised like a precious flower in a glasshouse and doesn't seem to know anything about the real world because of it
3. [+158, -6] All jobs are equally honorable;;
4. [+90, -9] Is she seriously almost a high school senior? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I honestly find it so weird how people find it so easy to hate on idols who debut at 16 but then coddle child actors. She's almost 20 years old, she should know what's appropriate and inappropriate to say. She just seems like the type to spit out words without thinking ㅋ
5. [+89, -1] Just because you own a small store doesn't mean you're automatically poor... there can be some owners who are rich. She seems to think that anyone who owns a small store is lower in level than anyone else.
6. [+75, -1] Just makes me upset to think she thinks that. I'm sure she's naive and oblivious to the real world considering she's only been acting on a set path her whole life and her career is the envy of all.
7. [+69, -0] The fact that she thinks any small store owner is poor and lower level is upsetting
8. [+66, -0] Well she's had a job all her life so maybe she doesn't know how the real world is like but she should've been more considerate to store owners before saying something like that..
9. [+52, -0] What's so bad about owning a small store? I have a friend whose parents own one too
10. [+49, -1] She's not young enough for this to count as a mistake ㅋㅋㅋ I'm the same age as her and I'd be turned off if any of my friends talked about someone's job like that
11. [+42, -16] While I do admit that it was inconsiderate of her to say that, I think she just wanted to show the drastic difference between the 0.1% of chaebols and the rest of the world. There was a huge caste difference in her drama with Park Bogum so now she wants to be in the position of a king, etc.
12. [+30, -1] No matter how she clarifies this, it's already shown that she subconsciously thinks of small store owners as lower levels in society... She needs to learn to be more careful and hide her thoughts better, but of course anyone with decent morals or character wouldn't think those things in the first place ㅋㅋㅋ
13. [+29, -0] My family owns a small store and we do not think of ourselves as slaves to chaebols nor do we keep our heads down in shame in public
14. [+27, -1] Wow, she needs to think before she talks
15. [+25, -0] Yoo Jung-ah, be more careful..