Article: Kangnam went from $3 in his bank account -> owner of a 5 story building "I invested all of the money I made"
Source: Sports Today via Nate
1. [+2,024, -28] I guess even a celebrity at Kangnam's level can become a real estate owner that fast. Although I'm sure it wouldn't have been possible if he was a big spender but a celebrity job must be the best job~
2. [+1,750, -29] Really proves that it's pointless to ever worry about celebrities
3. [+1,414, -10] Well the house itself was his parent's, all he had to do was invest in the building of more stories ㅋㅋ so jealous that he's made all that at his age ㅋㅋ
4. [+61, -6] It's sad that needed jobs like policemen and firemen work in horrible conditions with low pay and will never earn the respect that these celebrities get. I really think celebrities are overpaid. It's not like we as a society can't function without them either.. Something about our society is so wrong right now...
5. [+53, -4] If even a celebrity at Kangnam's level can be a building owner, then the other top level stars must be rolling in it right now
6. [+45, -3] I think out of all the careers, a decently popular celebrity has it the best. They still make a considerable amount of money and can make a living off of performing at small events without having to do more hard work. I'm jealous of that, although I'm sure it took a lot of hard work to get to that point.
7. [+38, -5] Don't forget that he comes from a golden spoon though, his family is already wealthy. No need to worry for him!!!
8. [+37, -6] Doesn't feel like it's been that long since he was on 'I Live Alone' but he's already a building owner now ㅋㅋㅋ I'm serious, we really don't need to pay any mind to celebrities whining for sympathy ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+33, -1] His bank account may have been rock bottom at that point but he was already the owner of a home in Yongsan. If you consider the price of land in Yongsan right now, he was always rich, just not rich in cash.
10. [+33, -5] I already had a feeling Kangnam's family was always wealthy though ㅋㅋㅋ He already owned a home in a nice location and I heard it actually used to be his mother's before she moved to Japan so they were probably well off from the start.
11. [+32, -2] No wonder everyone wants to become a celebrity now. How many of the rest of us do you think can build a 5 story building any time in our life by saving our meager incomes?
12. [+30, -1] SISTAR's a 4 member group and the least popular member Dasom bought a building worth 3.1 billion won. Does that put into perspective how much celebrities make now? And people don't just buy 3.1 billion won buildings when they only have 3.1 billion won in savings. You have to have over 4 billion won in savings to drop that kind of money on anything else. Now imagine how much Soyu and Hyorin make... and all of SNSD are chaebols in the makings as well.