Dana reflects on her past of mistreating staff


Article: Dana reflects, "I went through a late puberty and mistreated my staff"

Source: Mydaily via Nate

"There's one thing I lack and it's a sense of earnest desire, or desperation for something. When people want something, they feel desperate for it, right? But before I could feel anything like that, I was easily able to become a singer. I would think that I would win #1 with this album, and cry and say I'm going to give up if things got tough. As you all know, I'm not a celebrity who ever hit a peak. If I had ever become a world star, I would feel accomplished and confident with what I had to say. But because I'm not, I began to wonder why I got into this industry at all. That's when my feeling of puberty started. I started mistreating the staff who worked with me, and even said things like 'Aren't you being paid to do this?' when they would make mistakes. In short, I was a b*tch.

I didn't want any specific job, my dream was to just sing. What I like about my current agency is that when artists want to take a break, they allow you to. I was able to sing even when there was no one to listen to it. But I hit a wall of reality, because I didn't have any money. I didn't want to be an idol, even if it meant I had to die. That's when I started musicals. After entering the musical industry after going through puberty, the industry was tough and cold. I think I suffered all that I hadn't in the past. But I liked singing so I had to endure it. Even then, people would tell me that they would rather I not do it and that I was bad at it. After hearing that, I began to think it too.

But that's when I started to feel a sense of desperation. Unfortunately, there weren't any more opportunities. That's when I started to share my karaoke recordings with the people around me and got an offer to guest on 'Mask Best Singer'. I think that there's a certain meaning to feeling desperate for something and going for it than doing something just because someone told you to. You are ultimately responsible for giving yourself your own opportunities."

-

1. [+449, -27] But people don't change

2. [+385, -23] Yeah, people don't change

3. [+371, -21] People don't change so easily

4. [+68, -7] I agree that people don't change but I think the fact that she realizes her own mistakes and is able to say them out loud means that she has potential for change, or has maybe even changed already. People who don't change never even begin to realize what's wrong with them in the first place and always blames others.

5. [+49, -3] She's only reflecting over her past actions because she has everything to lose now

6. [+43, -1] You don't mistreat people just because you go through puberty ㅋㅋ you're just a b*tch ㅋㅋㅋ and if you really were going through puberty, the sentiments and mindsets you form during that period don't easily change ㅋㅋㅋ if you're confused about yourself and what you chose for your career, what makes you think that gives you the right to mistreat others? ㅋㅋㅋ I don't see the connection here

7. [+40, -0] She's already infamous in the industry for being a b*tch and mistreating people. If she was a top star, people would care more and give her more crap for it but she's such a nugu that people are like whatever~ and more lenient towards her ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+36, -4] The thing is, people don't change so easily. Just because you talk about your past as if you're reflecting over it doesn't really mean much...

9. [+28, -2] She has no money now so she's trying to recycle her image...

10. [+24, -0] How about you go to the staff you mistreated and apologize directly to them

11. [+22, -0] The fact that she talks about mistreating people and considers it just a part of her past is so inconsiderate because I'm pretty sure those staff are scarred for life because of her.

12. [+18, -0] I refuse to deal with people like her who aren't considerate to the people they work with. I'm pretty sure her staff were older than her and for her to say herself that she was a b*tch paints a clear picture of how she treated them. Just because she confesses to it now doesn't make it okay, you have to show it through actions. And considering all that we've seen from her on TV recently, I don't think much has changed.

13. [+18, -2] Yeah but you still don't seem to have changed. And when I heard her singing outdoors on 'Mask Best Singer', I thought it was my drunk friend who grabbed the mic;;; isn't she in musicals now? She should really practice her lives

14. [+17, -2] People don't get the right to mistreat people just for going through puberty. It's just the kind of person you are.

-