Article: AOA Yookyung, "Recently terminated my contract with FNC, sad but thankful"
Source: X Sports News via Nate
1. [+731, -24] I didn't even know there was a member named Yookyung in AOA...
2. [+635, -14] AOA was originally two types with a band and dance version but the band version flopped and only the dance version did well so they kept pushing the dance version. She probably left because there's a very little chance that AOA will bring back the band version.
3. [+494, -15] Hul, I've seriously never even heard of her name;; I hope she does well in a new agency~~
4. [+37, -0] I feel so, so bad for her. Imagine how she must've felt sitting in the corner by herself while watching AOA promote for 5 years. How pissed was she, how many tears did she cry.. I feel so bad for her
5. [+36, -1] FNC is trash
6. [+29, -1] Ryeowon, Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Eun Hye, etc were all considered the nugus of their groups. With effort, you can do anything.
7. [+19, -1] Of course nobody knows her, they only saw her once or twice when AOA promoted as a band. I guess it's ending in a termination.
8. [+16, -0] With girl groups, it's not about looks or talent, it's all about lunch. I've seen so many uglier girl group members than her who are probably less talented do well in a popular group by getting put with other prettier girls or a good song.
9. [+13, -2] I don't get why FNC didn't just add her to AOA when the group started doing well? I know they're not a charity company but she put her life on the line with this debut...
10. [+13, -4] Either way, AOA will not be able to get back to their popularity anywhere. There are groups that have made it from nugu to stardom but rarely a group that recovered from a flop scandal. If it was that easy, T-ara would've recovered already. Before T-ara's scandal, the only competition they really had were SNSD or 2NE1.
1. [+388, -17] I knew after seeing IU's first album flop and then her career start to take off with her cute 'Boo' concept that talent isn't all it takes to make it in the music industry. You have to cater to what the public wants.
2. [+331, -14] Well this just confirms that there will no longer be any band concepts from AOA ever again
3. [+252, -15] AOA started off as a 'transformer' concept where they would do both band and dance concepts back and forth. Unfortunately, their first two releases flopped so they came out again with a band unit without the dance team members and tried to recover but that flopped too. They then changed to a sexy concept and started climbing up until 'Short Skirt' hit daebak. That's when they got their identity as a girl group, and of course FNC is not going to take another risk by putting out a band concept when their sexy concept is doing so well. Bye bye band concept... ㅠㅠ
4. [+27, -4] AOA had better band version songs... but Korea does not want talent or vocal skills from their female idol groups. They care about body.. then face... then variety skills. Talent or a wealthy family are just extras you can tack on at the end. Being completely honest, AOA only got popular because of Seolhyun's body. Same goes for Cosmic Girls and Sungso's body...
5. [+22, -3] As much as the public gets mad about how girl groups show skin to get popular, it's been proven that it's the only way these groups can get any attention ㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+4,542, -57] It's a pity AOA didn't make it as a band version. They were such a unique girl group in that regard... it would've been good to have a mix of releases
2. [+4,051, -70] I can already tell how FNC treats their artists seeing as how everyone's leaving without renewing their contracts... I wish them all luck!!!
3. [+3,581, -51] I wanted to see AOA Black but all this wait for nothing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ how many lives are FNC ruining? Juniel, Yookyung...
4. [+2,338, -40] Should've just kept pushing the band concept.... sigh
5. [+262, -2] Pretty sure she knew that AOA would never go back to the band concept when she saw 'Short Skirt' blow up
Article: Jimin, upset about Yookyung's leave? Reveals full picture of AOA
Source: Star News via Naver
1. [+1,735, -16] I honestly never knew about a member named Yookyung because AOA never promotes AOA Black ㅠㅠ so sad this happened ㅠㅠ
2. [+1,534, -25] I'd leave too, what's the point in staying when she doesn't even get to go on TV...
3. [+1,369, -38] She probably trained years for this... but just thrown out like that because the band version doesn't make money
4. [+920, -50] AOA was at their peak with 'Short Skirt', 'Short Hair', and 'Like a Cat'...
5. [+75, -3] Ughh Han Sung Ho... in the time you're starring in TV shows, you should be helping the other members get their own spotlight
6. [+70, -6] I hate how people are like "I loved their band version the best" when they never even cared when they promoted their band concept ㅋㅋ their band songs never even made it on the annual charts. Reality is that it wasn't until they switched to dance that they really blew up.
Article: '8 member AOA'... leader Jimin 'glum' over Yookyung's leave
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+437, -19] This actually put me off. Imagine how scared Yookyung must've felt these past three years. Not able to promote despite debuting, other members are doing well, and she can't help but agree to not promote the band concept anymore since it's a guaranteed flop... Couldn't they have just made AOA an 8 member dance group ㅠㅠ
2. [+418, -76] What a joke, Jimin never mentioned Yookyung anywhere else while promoting, why now
3. [+99, -2] The members barely ever mentioned her that people don't even know a member named Yookyung exists
4. [+43, -9] Gloomy? When did Jimin ever mention her or take care of her ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+36, -5] The best replies are right, the AOA members should've mentioned her more while promoting... they didn't even once.. they were all too busy fighting for their own survival and now they're acting like they care about her