Article: 'Moon Lovers' IU goes to the Goryeo dynasty and captivates all 6 princes
Source: Mydaily via Naver
1. [+4,483, -405] Please captivate the viewers too~
2. [+3,640, -190] The 4th and 8th princes have captivated the viewers...!
3. [+4,185, -440] With the way this article talks about this drama, you'd think it was hitting 35% in viewer ratings
4. [+4,047, -496] She's captivated the 6 princes but ignored the viewers...
5. [+2,892, -264] The drama feels like an internet fanfic ㅋㅋㅋ where everyone falls in love with the female character
6. [+1,237, -60] That birthday party scene ㅋㅋ yeah, it was the best scene of yesterday's episode but only because I thought it was a gag drama with the way IU randomly started singing while all the princes were in a line
7. [+1,167, -65] As a viewer, I don't understand at all how she was able to captivate the 6 princes
8. [+1,044, -60] This drama feels like some talent show put on by a bunch of chodings and all their uncles are watching and telling them what a great job they're doing! I've seen many historical dramas myself but not one as tacky and childish as this one. We have so many successful dramas that did well in China not because the dramas were produced specifically with the Chinese market in mind but because they were organically good. Nowadays dramas keep trying to cater to the tastes of the Chinese and look what happens.. tsk tsk
1. [+361, -42] She has not managed to captivate the viewers yet
2. [+357, -36] A drama that makes you feel bad for the male cast
3. [+278, -43] Is this a historical drama or a Goryeo version of 'Boys Over Flowers'...
4. [+119, -69] IU's acting was not bad compared to Seohyun's. Seohyun only had a 2 minute scene and she was still so stiff like she was reading out of a textbook. But of course her fans will shield her saying she has good pronunciation. Seohyun's probably in the top 3 when it comes to bad acting.
5. [+74, -33] She looks like a pretty choding
6. [+59, -21] Why is it that everyone in this drama is so bad at acting (especially those SM ones like Baekhyun and Seohyun)
7. [+40, -23] Cringe...
8. [+35, -9] Unless her character's a gumiho, there's no way she captivated any princes with that face of hers
Article: 'Moon Lovers' IU's dilemma, can she change the bias against her?
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+1,582, -127] It's not bias, why does the drama keep calling it a bias and putting the blame on us? How are they going to explain all the dramas that were successful with an idol cast then? Articles like this just make me hate her more
2. [+1,408, -142] Please stop taking lead roles... I'm saying this out of concern for you
3. [+1,060, -93] Just looking at the screencaps alone is enough for me ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+164, -4] If bias had anything to do with the success of dramas, then Han Hyo Joo's 'W' should be an utter flop right now
5. [+151, -8] Has anyone read the original 'Moon Lovers'? The female character is supposed to be someone utterly charming, and IU is no fit for it. She needs to do something about that speech of hers. This drama is not targeted towards chodings. I don't even know why she's acting when she should be sticking to singing.
6. [+141, -8] Can we please set it so that the drama so far was showing the childhood and switch IU out for another actress? I can't focus because of her
7. [+138, -5] I'm sure the director is regretting it now. The Chinese version of the drama had an unbelievably beautiful female lead with great acting skills. Why does our version have to have Shin Bong Sun with no nose bridge?
8. [+112, -9] At least Baekyhun is a supporting role... IU's a main character... the entire drama revolves around her... I feel like this drama would've been super popular if Kim So Hyun or Park Shin Hye had taken her role
Article: Seohyun's first appearance in 'Moon Lovers', a headstrong princess who doesn't care about her looks
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+1,553, -125] She's pretty as a singer... but as an actress, I don't know if her beauty is anything to brag about. Well, it's a small role so.. at least she's starting off on the right foot.
2. [+922, -117] So pathetic that this drama has all these idol singers. What did Jun Ki and Haneul do to deserve this?
3. [+638, -80] A singer is pretty and cool on stage but they look so ugly on a screen meant for actors... I've rarely seen an idol look good on screen without stage make up and stage lighting to support them.
4. [+315, -63] Idols acting is so cringe to me. You can also tell how much their visuals lack on screen compared to real actresses... there's a huge difference in visuals on stage and off stage.
5. [+180, -47] Why is this drama nothing but idols
6. [+93, -9] Baekhyun ㅋㅋㅋ I've never seen such crappy acting in my life ㅋㅋ I'll say no more
7. [+196, -53] She's only worth anything as an SNSD member. In a drama, her visuals and acting skills don't even compare to the other actresses in supporting roles ㅠ just stick to Soshi
8. [+142, -35] Seriously, when singers come out on the drama screen, their real visuals start to show ㅋ so many comparable instances when they're shown next to actual actresses