Article: Students escape to the outdoor athletic field ignoring school orders telling them to stay in place inside
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+1,373, -22] They did the right thing, especially after what happened with the Sewol Ferry
2. [+1,043, -15] We really need to teach our teachers how to handle natural disasters. Handling them in the wrong manner can cause even bigger accidents. Teachers were too complacent with this.
3. [+975, -18] We need to implement earthquake escape training in our schools from now on
4. [+60, -2] That was smart of the kids, good job. That's how you handle it.
5. [+51, -3] What has changed since the Sewol Ferry. How can you tell the students to stay still...
6. [+46, -1] The minute you feel you're in danger, don't listen to the adults and just run outside. That's the solution.
7. [+40, -1] We already lost so many lives because of the captain telling the students to stay still as the ferry was sinking... ugh, this makes me swear!
8. [+35, -1] "Stay still" is probably the scariest thing anyone can say now
9. [+31, -1] That goddamned "stay still"... how can you tell students to stay still in a situation like that? I really want to know what they were even thinking? The principal did what the captain of the ferry did.
10. [+29, -2] A repeat of the Sewol Ferry
1. [+2,310, -55] Stay still... does anyone even trust those words anymore? Even if it's your teacher saying that to you, ignore them and run outside. If those orders had caused further accidents, was the principal going to take responsibility?
2. [+1,985, -50] What if the school collapsed? tsk tsk, if the students are dead, what does the college entrance exam matter? What does studying late even matter?
3. [+123, -3] Nothing has changed since the Sewol Ferry. Even my own apartment never put out an announcement. Koreans must fend for their own lives.
4. [+107, -5] The earthquakes happened in Kyungjoo and when the students were getting freaked out, apparently the teachers were yelling at them for having the mind to talk when they should be studying as high school seniors
5. [+83, -2] If that school had collapsed under the earthquake, it would've been a repeat of the Sewol Ferry
6. [+68, -1] We all know what happened with the Sewol Ferry, right? When they told students to stay still because nothing was wrong???
7. [+46, -4] Don't trust your teachers for anything other than education related things... they're amateurs in everything else.
8. [+37, -2] Children.. please never believe any adult who tells you to stay still! Please...
9. [+32, -2] Ignore any teacher that tells you otherwise. If you have a bad gut feeling about something, just run out;;;;
10. [+30, -1] Two years after the Sewol Ferry, Korea is still telling its children to "stay still"