Article: [Exclusive] Joo Won voluntarily cancels police promotional unit service... "Enlisting as active duty"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+918, -15] Yeah, don't tarnish your image for no reason
2. [+838, -10] Good decision
3. [+808, -24] Don't hate on the 'Bridal Mask' hyung
4. [+60, -3] 'Bridal Mask' + active duty = he's earned himself a shield from hate. He really is the top 5 out of all male actors in their twenties.
5. [+58, -7] I think it's amazing that he's opting out of a service that's obviously more comfortable to go active duty. Even non-celebrity men would rather take the easier service, right? ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+45, -2] That's right, let's just suffer for two years and spend the rest of your career in glory Joo Won-ah
7. [+42, -1] He knows how to aim for the bigger picture. I knew he was a good person when I heard he took 'Bridal Mask' after so many other celebrities turned it down because they didn't want to turn off their Japanese fans. I'll be supporting him.
8. [+25, -3] Most actors turned down 'Bridal Mask' but Joo Won gave up on hopes of a Japanese advancement and took the drama. Honestly, he doesn't deserve hate even if he wants to serve in police promotion. He's more amazing for giving up a comfortable service and going for active duty~
1. [+5,965, -101] He already gave it up in July but kept getting hate because no one knew ㅠㅠㅠ good decision!!!!
2. [+5,096, -59] Just go and serve like any other soldier. The army's all about just getting in and doing enough to get out. Don't hate him over it.
3. [+5,096, -174] Seriously, don't hate on 'Bridal Mask' hyung
4. [+3,352, -103] What a man
5. [+2,361, -162] Already sad at the thought of having to send him off to the army ㅠ
6. [+616, -27] Good thinking, Joo Won-ah. It might've been comfortable for you physically there but it's better than getting hate for the rest of your career.
7. [+473, -8] Yup, an image is really important for a celebrity. Good decision.
8. [+359, -13] He may regret it a year later when he's actually in service but he's earned himself a shield that protects him from all hate for the rest of his life as long as he doesn't cause any scandals