Article: Kim Heechul, "I went stone faced and swore? That's a malicious rumor... there were no issues"
Source: Korea Econ TV via Nate
A post on Facebook accusing Heechul of swearing at Min Kyung Hoon and acting cold towards him went viral. The scene in question was when the cast was talking about Gain not having a driver's license, to which Min Kyung Hoon joked, "Was it canceled by chance?" jokingly alluding to drunk driving. The scene made Kim Heechul out to look stone faced as he pulled Min Kyung Hoon by the shoulders and told "I told you to stop." Netizens criticized his general behavior and attitude, while also adding that it looked like he was swearing.
Heechul responded on Instagram by saying that the atmosphere on set was playful and that there were no ill feelings at all between the two and condemned netizens for spreading hateful rumors about the scene.
1. [+748, -126] It's not a matter of whether he swore at him or not but the fact that Heechul has a very low tolerance for jokes about Kangin while he jokes about other people's scandals all the time like divorces and debt. And you have to admit he was stone faced when he whispered to Min Kyung Hoon to stop, no?
2. [+724, -122] Netizens aren't slamming him for swearing but for how stone faced he was when he told Min Kyung Hoon to stop. Kangin's the one who's in the wrong, why make Min Kyung Hoon out to be the bad guy? What did he do to deserve being talked down to like that by Kim Heechul?
3. [+673, -86] I remember on 'War of Words', Heechul would act like some industry expert and open his mouth on all sorts of idol scandals but when it was about an SM idol, he kept his mouth shut and he got a bunch of hate for that ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+78, -11] I saw the scene and it was indeed weird how stone faced he was about it. He was totally enjoying it when everyone was joking about divorces and debt but when it came to a scandal that hits him personally, he totally went cold. You can't act two faced like that and not expect to get criticized.
5. [+66, -6] Kim Heechul-ssi, I have no issues with you shielding your fellow Super Junior member as an SM artist but you have to realize that that comes with consequences in and of itself. It can affect the image you've worked so hard to build. If you had just laughed off that situation, then no one would've even thought of Kangin with that joke. But with him acting all self conscious about it, it's like a thief outing himself. What a shame, really.
1. [+452, -18] Facebook is a problem for all the controversy their posts create with maliciously edited screencaps... I bet there are more haters who are judging by the screencaps than those who've actually watched the episode
2. [+357, -20] It's obvious that the two have a positive relationship
3. [+277, -15] Netizens at it again by latching on to something to drag someone down. I had no problem with the scene but of course some will act like they personally know what went on and start rumors over it.
4. [+280, -17] It looked like they were joking
5. [+268, -15] So sick of people making a fuss over nothing
6. [+69, -7] Was there anything controversial about it? I actually began to like Kim Heechul after watching this show ㅎㅎ
7. [+51, -1] It was so clear that Kim Heechul was actually joking in the scene. Has anyone actually watched the show? He's never acted out of line in it. It's funny that people are judging his facial expressions and all without even watching the episode.
8. [+53, -4] Heechul-ah, ignore everyone and you keep doing you
Article: Min Kyung Hoon, "It's a misunderstanding, Kim Heechul actually makes filming more comfortable"
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+264, -55] Well yeah, he has to say that nothing went wrong, but if you watch the video, you can tell that Kim Heechul wasn't professional about it. Min Kyung Hoon looked natural, nothinga bout him was out of line. Kim Heechul needs to fix his attitude or the public's going to kick him out like they did with Lee Hwi Jae.
2. [+258, -60] I think people have a tendency of thinking they can do whatever they want to Min Kyung Hoon because he's so nice... Other stars joke about Kangin to Heechul's face but he'll laugh about it with them but when Min Kyung Hoon did it (he didn't even mention Kangin, just joked about canceled driver's licenses with Gain), Kim Heechul gets all cold and tells him to stop. Tsk tsk..
3. [+188, -39] Well it's not like he's going to be like "yeah Heechul pissed me off". They're still co-workers on the same show. It actually made me feel bad seeing him act all embarrassed but smiling through when Heechul got all cold with him.
Article: 'Knowing Bros' PD, "Kim Heechul's attitude controversy? A misunderstanding"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+3,480, -281] Too many people have problems with everything...
2. [+2,974, -217] Why do people watch variety shows like it's a documentary????
3. [+2,945, -314] So what if he joked around while acting cold? I joke like this with my friends too, it's a type of joke that you can only do with people you're close with
4. [+1,195, -87] Sad how Facebook is able to start up rumors like this
5. [+335, -30] Didn't even know about this attitude controversy...