Article: Crayon Pop 'takes off their helmets' to overcome their one hit wonder image
Source: Sports Donga via Naver
1. [+3,209, -174] I don't get it, it's not like being a one hit wonder is a bad thing, why do they get ragged on so much for it? At least they had a song worth daebak and winning #1 once in their careers, what's so wrong about that?
2. [+1,985, -76] What happened to their fish boy group labelmates though...? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1,608, -99] Other groups would kill for having at least one one hit wonder~
4. [+1,005, -216] This unni loves you girls, Crayon Pop fighting
5. [+145, -17] I still remember those Popjusshis who wore helmets to support them. They were no joke back then, I wonder if they still love the group?
6. [+136, -18] I remember there was a time where the name Choa reminded you of Crayon Pop before AOA
7. [+98, -14] They should've just kept the 'Bar Bar Bar' concept and released another album right away and they'd be big now. Their agency took them down the wrong direction.
8. [+72, -12] There are some songs that win #1 on multiple music shows and no one will know about unless you're in your teens or twenties... and then there are one hit wonders like 'Bar Bar Bar', 'Up & Down', or 'Cheer Up' where the entire nation across all generations know.
9. [+82, -15] I feel bad for this group. They made so much money off of 'Bar Bar Bar' but their agency spent it all on producing a boy group and after all that money was gone, they started working Crayon Pop at all sorts of small time events and making them release low quality Christmas season songs. Crayon Pop is like a boat that was hit with a huge wave but they couldn't use it to their advantage and unfortunately had the boat flip over.
10. [+45, -5] Their agency wasted too much money when they hit it big. Put out another weird group and chose the wrong songs for Crayon Pop's follow up releases.
11. [+63, -12] Their helmet image is way too strong though ㅋㅋㅋ I don't know if they'll completely shed that image.. ㅎㅎ but fighting
12. [+62, -12] Everyone knows the song' Bar Bar Bar' though. There are so many other girl groups that are popular now with no hit track but purely off of their own company's power so why should Crayon Pop be put down for what they've achieved?
Article: 'Comeback' Crayon Pop, "Our goal is to be loved without our helmets"
Source: Joy News 24 via Nate
1. [+508, -75] Deleting all traces of your ilbe past would be a bigger priority
2. [+323, -54] I just feel bad for them
3. [+150, -19] It's not your helmets that's the problem, it's the fact that your skills and visuals are way behind other girl groups by comparison, no??
4. [+26, -9] This group doesn't have a member with stunning singing abilities to go on 'Mask Best Singer' or a rapper who's good enough to rap on 'Unpretty' or a visual who's tall or glamorous enough to model in pictorials or a smart and witty enough member to MC on variety shows... tsk tsk tsk. And ultimately, mess with ilbe and that'll be the end of your careers!
5. [+26, -11] I don't think it was their helmets that was the problem... they were doing fine until they got hit with that ilbe scandal.
6. [+21, -9] Go hang out with ilbe
7. [+17, -2] I'd believe you if you told me this was a new girl group debut. I can't recognize them at all.
8. [+8, -2] Nevermind the ilbe scandal they've just never had a good song past 'Bar Bar Bar'. At least their songs before that were cute... their follow up songs were just plain dumb...
Article: Crayon Pop Geummi 'totally changed looks'
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+781, -15] I don't even know what she looked like before this 'change'
2. [+665, -18] How are we supposed to judge how much she changed when we don't even know what she used to look like
3. [+116, -18] Fame off of one song and that was it
4. [+10, -1] Yeah that's true... we can't recognize their faces at all because they always wore helmets... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+10, -2] She looks so plastic... I prefer a more natural look...
6. [+9, -3] Oh Yeon Seo's mouth looks like that too... what procedure do you need to get to look like that?
- WG Hyelim too... maybe it's a procedure that adjusts the ends of your lips ㅋㅋ
7. [+8, -2] I only recognize the twins in this group
8. [+7, -3] I took a look at their group picture... and I noticed that one member completely overhauled their entire face while the others fixed a few things here and there... they all got some type of work done.
9. [+6, -2] They fixed her like this thinking this looks pretty?
10. [+6, -1] I don't remember a face like this ever existing in Crayon Pop. IS she a new member?