Article: 'Moogadang' rapper Prhyme "YG had an adverse effect on my promos ever since my contract with them ended"
Source: Sports Today via Nate
He initially commented on Yoo Byung Jae's post, "I'd be where you are by now if I had served Hyun Suk hyung drinks every single night. But I was sick of that dark place and finally ran out after 6 years."
He then deleted the comment and wrote a separate post on his Facebook explaining, "I didn't delete the comment because I was scared of hate or because it wasn't true. The fact that I had to serve drinks for years on end can be testified by all of the people who worked at the club. I knew at the start of Moogadang that Moogadang was just a group for YG to kill time before Big Bang's debut and to form a foundation for Eunjoo's solo as well as Baekkyung's production work but I was grateful for anything that I was given. But after signing the contract (for Moogadang), it wasn't schedules that I had to attend to but nights out serving drinks. It got to the point where it affected my health. Ever since my contract with YG ended, it adversely affected my promotions. I eventually gave up any hope I had of a TV career and started over from the bottom of the pit, sweating on the field and promising anyone who would listen to me that I would work hard."
1. [+465, -26] Yang Hyun Suk... he has more of a darker side than you'd think...
2. [+425, -15] Oh, this is quite a dangerous statement from him ㅋㅋㅋ but I can imagine how frustrated it must've been for him, having to waste away years just serving drinks without earning anything for your career... I wouldn't even be able to sleep if I suffered that.
3. [+376, -19] We all know that the industry is quite the dirty place
4. [+95, -1] I remember when I was 20 years old, I went to the NB nightclub for the first time and saw Prhyme and he turned me away with a glass of water saying I should focus on my studies now and that I'd have tons of time later to come to clubs like this. He left such a positive impression on me but even then I knew that he was going through hard times ㅜㅜ I personally liked Moogadang songs
5. [+66, -1] The singers in the company who make money probably got respect just sitting there while singers like him had to waste years being invited to serve drinks at company parties and forced to rile up the atmosphere for everyone. What a waste of time for him.
6. [+63, -3] Seeing the way YG is now, I can tell what they're like on the inside. Even now, they throw out groups that don't make them any money anymore.
7. [+52, -2] I have a hyung who was an accountant for a big entertainment agency (not YG) and he said agencies do indeed have separate singers that they keep around just to serve drinks to higher officials. This agency in particular even had their girl groups who debuted a while ago serve drinks. That's probably what this guy was relegated to in his role at the company.
8. [+41, -2] I went to one of Prhyme's events a week ago and he seemed like a good person. He worked super hard, greeted everyone and told them good job at the end... he really does live life working hard ㅜ
9. [+24, -25] It's hard to just believe him though... I'd believe it if a majority of the singers under that company had something negative to say but Big Bang, Se7en, Wheesung have never said anything bad about Yang Hyun Suk. I just think he had no talent or popularity to sustain himself after leaving YG.
- Well Big Bang is currently under the company, Se7en has committed a crime so he's in no position to be talking crap about anything, Wheesung is under M-Boat, a subsidiary of YG, and I don't think he's suffered any injustice from YG anyway ㅋㅋㅋ I think you should put yourself in this guy's shoes and think about wasting years being called to company events every night to serve drinks only to come out of it with nothing but a failed contract ㅋㅋㅋ Let's see how you feel then
10. [+21, -4] This is why I have such a hard time liking YG. It's always YG's artists who are always getting into scandals involved with drinking and nightclubs...