Article: YG Yang Hyun Suk and G-Dragon's texts under controversy.... pushing him for a new album vs "I haven't been slacking"
Source: Asia Econ via Nate
GD: Wait hyung I've been editing the lyrics two, three times already and we kept recording until the morning and I had rehearsals so I couldn't go;; I haven't been slacking ㅜㅜ
YG: You're talking about the past week... I'm talking about the past year. Alright, though. Work hard.
GD: Okay. I've finished editing my lyrics and I'm waiting for TOP hyung's right now. But in my opinion, the lyrics are pretty obvious so I'm thinking of going a completely different route. I'll finish recording as it happens.
YG: I love you
GD: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Love you more, hyung <3
1. [+2,162, -50] I'm not sure why this is controversial...
2. [+2,145, -47] What the ㅋㅋ why is this considered controversial ㅋㅋㅋ the two are just texting as they normally do, why are others calling it controversial? ㅋㅋㅋ and Yang Hyun Suk is his CEO, why wouldn't he be able to talk like that to him
3. [+1,780, -39] So what...??????? What about this????????
4. [+90, -6] Sounds like a normal text convo to me. It's something any boss can say to his employee... the fans are just causing an issue where there isn't one.
5. [+88, -5] Yang Hyun Suk is the leader of the company, why shouldn't he be able to say that to him? And they even ended it on a positive note. Stupid fangirls are always going on about how Big Bang set up the foundation for YG without realizing that YG had to have been there in the first place to train them. And by the way, YG was already a big agency before Big Bang.
6. [+74, -2] Before they're hyung and dongsaeng, they're a boss and employee relationship. They're not really family just because they say they are ㅋㅋ
7. [+65, -3] Anyone who thinks Yang Hyun Suk is being harsh on GD is probably a young fan who hasn't worked a day in the real world. If your boss talks like this to you, you should consider your boss a nice person.
8. [+51, -2] Yang Hyun Suk is the one investing his money in them, I think he's within his rights to push him for content. None of our business anyway...
9. [+38, -3] Whoever the fans are, they're overstepping boundaries
10. [+32, -2] I consider Yang Hyun Suk a very lenient boss. He covers for all the scandals that goes on. Very rarely will companies do that.
11. [+21, -3] Anyone who thinks Yang Hyun Suk is being harsh probably hasn't worked a real job. If I had a boss who talked this nicely to me, I'd never want to transfer jobs ㅎㅎ
12. [+21, -4] Big Bang fans must think that even the CEO has to bow down to them or something..
13. [+19, -1] I think it's good that the group has someone to push them like this because I'm sure everyone else just caters to them all the time. Yang Hyun Suk is clearly playing both the whip and the carrot here.