Article: "Do you have a friend or family member to depend on?" Korea ranks last out of OECD
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
IN order: Switzerland, Denmark, Germany, Australia, Canada, UK, US, Japan, France, Turkey, Chile, Mexico, Korea
1. [+1,041, -24] People say that Koreans have a lot of 'jung' but it's really just people not minding their own business. When you actually need their help, they show selfish tendencies. Foreign countries get a lot of slack for being individualistic societies but it's because they respect that everyone lives in different ways and mind their own business about it. When people actually need help, they'll step up and help.
2. [+804, -21] Korea always ranks last in all of the good surveys
3. [+602, -21] It's the result of a society that views people as money. You'll be left with nothing once you start doing that. Some people are blaming smartphones for the lack of human interaction but it says in the survey that the fifties age group had no friends or family to depend on so smartphones aren't relaly to blame. We as a society need to stop separating each other over a few years in age difference to earn respect and stop keeping friends around for money.
4. [+61, -1] Share your joy and it becomes jealousy, share your sadness and it becomes your weakness
5. [+47, -5] I have noticed that if something good happens to you, there's no friend that genuinely congratulates you but only ones that feel jealous
6. [+42, -3] I'm 26 years old... and I don't have the typical genuine friend that everyone's always talking about. Just a few dozen friends who only keep in contact if we need something from the other ㅋㅋ
7. [+32, -0] Koreans don't have a lot of 'jung'. They make you feel that 'jung' and then use you to betray you once they need something out of you.
8. [+32, -1] I had a friend who went to graduate school in the US and she brought someone she called her best friend and I asked how old she was and she said 45 years old. We're 26 years old. To foreigners, age really is nothing but a number. Could you imagine a 45 year old being friends with a 26 year old in Korea? Sometimes I feel like the older you get, the more you box yourself into your age and restrict yourself from living life.
9. [+30, -0] I just like being alone. I like going home after work and watching movies, eating good food, reading books I want to catch up on... My friends are always like go out and have fun!! but I like staying home ㅋㅋ I've never been uncomfortable
10. [+30, -1] Can Korea please leave the OECD. This is always so embarrassing. Feels like we're some disabled child that got into a gifted and talented program because our parents happened to be rich.