Article: JYP's new system raises their chances of producing hits
Source: Herald Econ via Naver
Article talks about how JYP has been testing a new music production system for the past two years and how it has been successful recently with back to back hits from their artists. Instead of relying on one person like Park Jin Young to determine songs, they've created a committee comprised of 16 people to vote on how a song is predicted to do and how liked it will be. Both Park Jin Young and CEO Jung Wook only get 1 vote each.
If the song doesn't reach a standard set of points, then the song is dropped, even if it was produced by Park Jin Young himself.
The system is set up to ensure that their artists are given a variety of styles in music to pursue that actually fit them as opposed to one uniform style under JYP.
1. [+3,943, -48] I heard that even Park Jin Young can't promote if his song doesn't pass this system ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+4,080, -186] JYP does seem to have hit their peak this year though, they're doing the best out of all three agencies
3. [+3,224, -87] I think it's a good system for JYP in the long run... you can't rely on one person to make all the decisions because one mistake can cost you so much more. I also like that JYP has been showing more variety lately.
4. [+2,115, -44] Perfect job for Park Jin Young then. Promote as a singer in the summer, work on that committee during his off season.
5. [+599, -9] I heard that Park Jin Young started changing the direction of the company after coming to a realization from seeing Steve Jobs. He wanted to set up the company so that it can run without him... I think it's great that he's accepting of change instead of being greedy ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+429, -8] But sometimes I do miss the JYP whisper at the beginning of songs... ㅋㅋ
7. [+399, -16] JYP's been doing excellent lately
8. [+351, -4] He seems to be such an open minded producer. He knows when to recognize areas that he's lacking in and goes and makes a committee to make up for that. It's hard to not be stubborn when you're in the position that he is... and I like that he banned his entire company from going to entertainment facilities that provide adult entertainment.
9. [+326, -14] Companies like JYP are the ones that need to do well. They realize the importance of a person's character and have strict ban rules when it comes to trainees going to clubs or room salons. Celebrities who get into scandals nowadays don't have these basics down. As a parent, I would feel safe putting my kid in JYP's hands.
10. [+203, -4] JYP's girl groups have always been so successful ㅋㅋ but it's time they got a boy group rolling too