Article: The reason there are so many opposed to 4minute's disbandment
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+7,042, -91] The fact that for 7 years the group never had any member changes, rumors of discord, or any scandals makes this news of disbandment come as an extreme surprise... really sad to see them go.
2. [+5,813, -93] They never had any rumors of discord and always looked so close on variety shows. This has to be Cube's fault, tsk.
3. [+4,437, -83] I think it's more that Cube didn't do enough for them than the members wanting to go separate ways
4. [+3,383, -98] Don't disband ㅜㅜ Fans are opposed to it. I'm not a fan myself but even I don't want them to disband.
4. [+2,758, -80] Seeing a group I genuinely like disband feels like a part of me is leaving with them... Ugh Cube you (#*&$
5. [+466, -8] Please just get rid of CLC and give up on that new male group. It sucks to see these random new groups ruin it for the older groups. 4minute has made so much money for Cube and they're just letting them go like that?
6. [+473, -12] B2ST and 4minute were the representative groups of Cube... losing one is like losing a part of the company's image. This is so sad...
7. [+477, -20] The reason 4minute as a group existed was because of their teamwork. Don't blame it on them wanting to go into acting for their disbandment. It's obvious Cube disbanded them because they're in the reds right now. So dirty of them to only renew Hyuna's contract.
8. [+425, -11] Cube's just giving up on 4minute's international fandom... really dumb of them
9. [+372, -11] 4minute still has the potential to do well if they just come out with a good song, it's unfortunate to see them go like this
10. [+321, -12] I don't mind them leaving Cube but disbanding seems like a bad idea...
11. [+305, -8] 4minute has such a long, consistent string of hit tracks. It was only this year that their results weren't as good as they used to be but how can that be the final decision maker to end a 7 year career? ㅠㅠ Everything was put to an end off of one album failing?... this suddenly? ㅠ This feels so wrong
12. [+190, -5] I think people are more shocked because they were known for never having any scandals or member troubles
Article: '4minute disbandment'... is this okay for Cube?
Source: Star Today via Nate
1. [+619, -30] B2ST's contracts are up for renewal soon, I hope they don't renew with Cube. Even their fans don't want it. I wish 4minute would join another agency and contract as 5 again ㅜㅜㅜ fans know just how bad Cube is at their jobs and how they only care about sending them overseas. They don't communicate with their fans at all.
2. [+527, -24] 4minute and B2ST are the founding members of Cube... B2ST is fine as 5 but seeing 4minute disband makes me so sad ㅠㅠ
3. [+459, -22] So disgusted by Cube. I want to pack B2ST and BtoB up and take them out of Cube. The only thing Cube's good at is putting together members for a decent group but they're hopeless in everything else.
4. [+31, -2] I think disbandment was the natural next step for the group considering they had members like Kwon Sohyun and Nam Jihyun, two members without any skill or talent but more years under their belt than a rookie group. The reason BEG hit their peak with 'Abracadabra' despite being 29 years old was because they had the talent to back it up. They're in their thirties now and still doing well. Members like those two are hopeless when you never improve despite the years stacking up.
5. [+26, -1] But honestly speaking, are the rest of the members even worth anything as products other than Hyuna..? It sounds more like their conditions didn't match moreso than Cube kicking the rest out. Hyuna's really the only member who has any right to make the calls in her contract negotation... I really don't agree with Koreans thinking contract renewals are a sign of loyalty and obligation. You have to admit that 4minute is behind in terms of talent and potential compared to the newer girl groups and Hyuna doesn't have that many years left in her to support the group for that much longer.
6. [+21, -3] A waste to see Jiyoon and Gayoon go
7. [+17, -0] I don't know about 4minute but I definitely think Hyunseung leaving B2ST will bring better things for the group.
8. [+16, -0] Cube really is bad at their job... I know they've split now but A Cube used to be their sister agency and they're doing fine now because they worked hard on building A Pink up. Hong Seung Sung stepping down really messed Cube up.