Article: Where have all the 'Descendants' viewers disappeared to?
Source: X Sports News via Nate
1. [+649, -44] They didn't go anywhere, we're right here you f*ckers. You can't follow up with a boring drama and expect viewers to stay around.
2. [+448, -24] Viewers are smarter now. This isn't the same generation where you could get away with relying entirely on top name actors or scriptwriters with a history of good dramas. If the drama sucks, no one's going to watch it.
3. [+435, -78] I'm just waiting for Hwang Jung Eum and Ryu Jun Yeol's and Suzy and Woo Bin's dramas ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+30, -1] It's not that the viewers are gone, it's that none of us are watching because the new dramas are boring
5. [+24, -1] We'll watch if it's worth watching
6. [+22, -13] Nothing worth watching lately, I've been watching reruns of 'Descendants' instead
7. [+21, -3] The new dramas are all the same revenge plots..
8. [+19, -3] Has there been a decent drama since 'Misaeng' and 'Signal' though??? Even 'Descendants' was an utter trash romance drama with excessive PPL and OST... 'Mr. Black' is becoming more romance, all of the dramas are ending in romance. Do Korean scriptwriters know how to write nothing but romance plots???? I was actually looking forward to 'Descendants' too after hearing that it was a war drama but 70% of the episodes were cringeworthy pick up lines full of PPL and OST soundtracks. 'Signal' would cry to hear that such a trashy drama is called a work of art...
1. [+8,930, -340] You can't compare these new dramas to 'Descendants'... there's nothing worth watching now so all the viewers are back to real life
2. [+5,426, -236] If a drama's fun, people will watch it organically. Too many dramas where the pilot's alright but the story gradually gets lost. Viewer ratings are naturally dropping because it's boring.
3. [+5,344, -475] 'Descendants' was amazing for all that it achieved
4. [+694, -22] The viewers are just back to real life is all
5. [+805, -75] Let's be honest, viewers of 'Descendants' mostly stuck around to watch the Song Song couple, not for the actual drama. The plot itself was not deserving of the 30% viewer ratings that it received.