Park Chan Wook's 'The Handmaiden' earns praise all over the world


Article: [Exclusive] 'The Handmaiden' captivates the world... most exports in history to 175 countries

Source: Munhwa Ilbo via Naver

1. [+477, -15] 'Train to Busan', 'The Handmaiden', 'Gokseong'... all of the Korean movies are earning positive responses overseas. I support them.

2. [+237, -10] I heard that it's intensely graphic...

3. [+191, -5] Is Kim Min Hee finally getting the spotlight she deserves? And of course Ha Jung Woo has always proven to be an excellent actor

4. [+164, -17] It received a 7 minute ovation... Did someone actually time that?

5. [+109, -7] Wow daebak, I want to see it too ㅜㅜ

6. [+69, -6] I personally think it's a shame that Korean movies are now more known for being obscene, lewd, and bizarre. It worries me that the Korean movies that foreigners enjoy the best are these types of content. I sincerely hope that there are more Korean movies of intellectual and healthy stories with beautiful sceneries that are produced and captivate the world too.

7. [+17, -1] So it was exported to nearly every country besides North Korea, eh? ㅎㅎ

8. [+15, -1] I seriously can't wait~ ^^

-