Article: Historical studies professor, "Seolhyun and Jimin, what they said was not right but this is not anything to condemn them for"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+431, -51] It's okay that they didn't know... but as promotional ambassadors of Korea, the fact that they laughed and made a joke out of the fact that they didn't know is the problem..
2. [+233, -13] Because of these two people, Japan is making a joke out of Ahn Joong Geun. How do you expect us Koreans to not be angry righ tnow?
3. [+322, -44] Even professors are shielding idols nowadays?
4. [+230, -17] Idols are looked up to by a lot of students which is why idols are so careful with their words. A lot of foreign fans watch their TV shows too so what would those foreigners think of our Ahn Joong Geun? Furthermore, these two are promotional ambassadors. A proper explanation needs to be given to their foreign fans who watched that show about who Ahn Joong Geun is.
5. [+172, -12] Was this professor paid off? Just going through nine years of public education means you should know this as basic knowledge.
6. [+137, -12] Wow, I hate to imagine that a professor like this is educating other students with this mindset;;;
1. [+401, -60] This is not an issue that you can defend them over by saying so what if they didn't know. Especially coming from a professor of history. It's a problem that idols like them are being looked up to in our country.
2. [+359, -45] Just how much did they sleep through school that they don't even know this? It's obvious they didn't even bother reading any books in school.
3. [+172, -15] This is not an issue that a history professor should be shielding them for
4. [+152, -10] Professor-nim, how can you say that? This is basic knowledge that everyone who lives in this country should know
5. [+141, -2] I too agree that it's something you don't have to know if you never studied or aren't interested in history... it's not like history is imperative to your education in this day and age... However! If they did not know the answer, they should not have joked by saying Kindokkang. That took their answer from dumb to disrespectful. Stupidity can be forgiven but acting disrespectfully is deserving of hate.
Article: An idol who's only had it easy all this time, what will she do about her image?
Source: Segye Ilbo via Daum
1. [+1,435, -74] Since when was she a top star? Just for having one CF ad? Then everyone's a top star too..
2. [+1,280, -74] Her image will never recover from this. This is about as bad as Han Hyo Joo. No matter what she does, public sentiment will always be against her and her comment section will be a mess.
3. [+1,049, -47] Farewell~~
4. [+485, -18] How did Seolhyun get popular anyway, I don't know why she's considered pretty;;;;;;;;;
5. [+448, -7] She should stay off TV for a bit. I don't even want to see her CFs anymore...
6. [+419, -10] Please screw off... all I think when I see her is how dumb and disrespectful she is.
7. [+333, -2] Rocks for brains!
8. [+318, -4] Proved she's as dumb as a chicken ㅋ
Article: 'Comeback D-1' What is AOA up to? "Rehearsing and rehearsing + shooting promotional stuff"
Source: Star News via Naver
1. [+103, -33] They're still going through with the comeback right now?? When a Korean martyr is being made a joke internationally because of their two members? They're still in the mindset to be practicing dance moves?
2. [+89, -23] I'm going to hate them more if they do all that self diss stuff on SNL later
3. [+83, -27] They'll probably be treated like heroes if they go to Japan, might as well change their nationality to Japan while they're at it, they'll be glad to take you...
4. [+22, -7] The power of their company is insane. Got all the journalists to write about how the show didn't edit it out, made the producers apologize, acted as if they're raising awareness about the importance of history education... They should be reflecting right now, this is no time for a comeback...
5. [+42, -14] Talk about timing... they're really going through with their comeback???? They should study up on history before planning any comeback