Article: 'Descendants of the Sun' gets hit with a bomb of overloaded PPL
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+1,528, -318] I don't get why people are calling this some historical drama ㅋㅋㅋ this drama is nothing more than Song Joong Ki eye candy for female viewers. I try to understand this drama but as someone who has actually served in the army, I couldn't relate to any of the army scenes. The plot is so childish, and all this PPL bombardment.. I couldn't make it past the 6th episode.
2. [+1,491, -39] Must've been hard for the producers to try to squeeze in all this PPL since they were already paid to do it. Can't really find a way to please both viewers and the advertisers...
3. [+1,311, -36] I had a feeling there was too much PPL while watching. So many beautiful scenery with beautiful weather but all of it was passed for PPL in the car;;;
4. [+81, -4] Yesterday's episode really took the PPL too far. How could you dare to let go of the handle while driving for a kiss? I'm scared kids are going to copy that
5. [+78, -21] That car scene is deserving of hate! So ridiculous
6. [+68, -6] This drama's scriptwriter has always been known for low quality work. I remember in 'A Gentleman's Dignity', she threw in a plot about Jang Dong Gun's son so unnecessarily and put in a bunch of idol package deals that wasted so much screentime. 'The Heirs' is also another one of her childish works that was full of idol package deals but did well off of Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin. 'Descendants of the Sun' is only doing well off of Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo. The scriptwriter knows how to make charming male characters to captivate a female audience but the actual quality of her dramas aren't that great.
7. [+64, -3] Who eats sandwiches for a hangover meal?
8. [+55, -5] This drama is just the Song Joong Ki effect. The drama itself is so childish ㅡㅡ
Article: Too much PPL in 'Descendants of the Sun', is PPL the true star of the show?
Source: TV Daily via Nate
1. [+844, -27] Too much PPL exploding at once, it's distracting from the efforts of th staff and the cast.
2. [+768, -45] Well there are a ton of expenses to cover so I understand but they really could've fit the PPL in better, especially that scene where they're sucking on the hongsam
3. [+275, -8] Went way too far with the PPL yesterday. I've been enjoying the drama but enough's enough, it's so distracting. The PPL takes away from everything.