Pann: Jang Hyunseung's strange performances + interviews
1. Jang Hyunseung's drug performance
In 2015, Jang Hyunseung promoted his solo album 'MY' and a few of his performances on stage are being brought back to light.
As you can see, he puts on a performance where it looks like he's mixing something in his hand and inhaling/eating it with the other dancers. The song itself has nothing to do with drug use. When fans questioned whether the producers allowed such a performance and how it passed, it was later revealed in his own interview that he was actually reprimanded for putting on that performance without prior discussion and that producers most likely let it go because the media never made a fuss about it.
Hyunseung found nothing wrong with the performance and even put up a screencap of it on his own Instagram.
2. Furthermore, Hyunseung uses the word 'OD' in the lyrics for one of his solo songs featuring Tokki, which obviously stands for Overdose.
Rapper Tokki and Hyunseung are both also following each other on Instagram and Hyunseung has been known to have liked a number of his pictures, the majority of which include drug related posts.
3. In an interview, Hyunseung also claimed that he was going to cause a scandal at some point.
"I'm a bad boy. The B2ST members are so nice that I feel like I have to balance it out."
"Yoon Doojoon is best at the leader role, but as a male group, I feel like we also need a bad boy side to our image with a few scandals - nothing big. I think I need to cause a reasonable scandal at some point."
And another interview that gives a glimpse into what he thinks of his role in the group: "I don't have to do anything because the members do all the talking... Once I was on a radio show and didn't talk for an hour, although now there's no one to talk for me if I don't talk haha."
1. [+136, -1] I remember when he first started putting on those performances on music shows, I clutched my phone in case it would become controversial but not one article was written about it ㅋㅋㅋ it was then that I realized how truly unpopular he was.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Him not being popular saved him. So please leave the group now.
2. [+111, -1] Jang Hyunseung fans are always going on about how rumors of him being a druggie are unfounded but what're they going to say about these performances then? He's literally licking something off of his hand, sniffing it, and flipping his eyes back. Do they really not realize what that means? Hyunseung fans need to stop treating this as if it's some malicious fans trying to bring him down but actually criticize him for things he's doing wrong and not just keep it all hush hush to bury it. He hasn't shown any reflection at all since his apology, do you think waiting for him to change and doing nothing about it will bring that change? Think about the situation coldly for a second.
3. [+107, -1] Obviously just because he put on a 'drug performance' doesn't automatically mean he does drugs himself but there are a lot of things that lead to such suspicions like the performances in question, the things he likes on Instagram, his lyrics, etc... Fans aren't idiots, they can raise these suspicions if they want to. Hyunseung really should be grateful that he isn't popular considering how uncontroversial all of this has been so far ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+39, -0] I hope this gets trending. The other members are all such nice people, they don't deserve this.
5. [+37, -0] Even after acting like this, he's scared that his personal fans will leave him so he follows them and talks to them ㅋㅋㅋ he even responds to direct messages;
6. [+29, -0] The way he rolls his eyes back gives me goosebumps... how can you explain that action other than drug use? ㅋㅋㅋ;;
7. [+26, -0] He's so scary ㅠㅠ he even said so in his interview that the other members are too nice... well you don't match the group so please leave
8. [+26, -0] He looks so desperate to look like he's a druggie with that performance
9. [+22, -1] It's obvious to the eye that there's something weird about him, how are fans going to shield this performance???
10. [+22, -0] Hyunseung fans have been trying to distract from his issues by talking as if this is a fandom war between akgae fans and real fans ㅋㅋㅋ it's actually the true fans who've been holding it in all this time