Article: Why do we fall so hard for Seolhyun's hand gesture and Song Joong Ki's gaze?
Source: Han via Naver
Article going into the neureconomics of marketing using Seolhyun and Song Joong Ki as trend examples and a lot of other scientific stuff I didn't bother reading tbh.
Naver is now including user statistics for the comment sections (not implemented for articles in the entertainment section, idk why yet) that show male/female ratio and age groups of commenters. This article was posted in the IT/science section.
1. [+9,754, -1,623] I didn't know who Seolhyun was until the media started spamming her excessively
2. [+8,127, -601] Because of the media, that's why
3. [+4,809, -840] Seolhyun came out of no where; no one even knows her for her singing, face, or acting, just because she has too much media play
4. [+2,197, -285] Seolhyun comboing herself up with Song Joong Ki ㅋ
5. [+1,830, -181] I did not fall for Seolhyun's hand gesture
6. [+1,862, -213] Don't link the two together
7. [+3,718, -848] Wow~ Seolhyun's media play class ㅋㅋ
8. [+1,816, -230] ?? Why is Seolhyun included in this article
Pann: Proof that Seolhyun's popularity is a bubble
1. [+227, -22] Let's be honest, Seolhyun did get popular off of media play. Suzy's debut song hit daebak and she got lead roles ind ramas for her pretty face. Hani got famous off of her fancam, but what does Seolhyun have to name? Her CF isn't enough because then every star who's had a CF should be considered a trend too. She got famous purely off of her media play and the public was brainwashed into it because all the TV shows kept talking about her. Seolhyun's fans keep calling her the female idol one top and the public isn't being fooled by their media play anymore and turned on her.
2. [+191, -15] She's not a trend, she's a brainwashed trend
3. [+161, -11] She really is a bubble
4. [+50, -2] Even in her article with Song Joong Ki, more men commented on it and yet people still want to claim that Seolhyun's antis are all women? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even regular men cringe at Seolhyun's media play, how can you even claim that she's popular with men more than women?
5. [+43, -4] There really are a lot of people who don't know Seolhyun still though. If not for the media play, can't imagine where she'd be right now.
6. [+42, -2] More people in their twenties and thirties commented than teens ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and more men than women too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seolhyun fans always said that her antis are all teen females ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ imagine how tired men in their twenties and thirties are of Seolhyun that they felt the need to comment ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+34, -5] Her actual popularity is 0%....
8. [+34, -6] Seolhyun's bubble is slowly starting to burst ㅋㅋ She doesn't have one hit drama or variety to her name and her group isn't even up to A Pink or f(x)'s level yet. She media plays all the time over her looks so of course her bubble will eventually pop. Her agency shouldn't have rushed her, she would've been fine if they took her time building her popularity slowly.
9. [+30, -3] A lot of men don't like her because she's so dark skinned
10. [+18, -2] It's been a while since she has been disliked for her media play. Both men and women alike are on to her brainwashing style of media play ㅡㅡ