Article: 'Cheese in the Trap', never seen such an empty open ending
Source: Sports Seoul via Naver
1. [+13,103, -242] We deserve a pat on the back for sticking with this drama...
2. [+12,185, -229] The ending is sh*t.. seriously..
3. [+10,635, -171] I was going to forgive everything.. and just look forward to the ending... but I'm having a mental breakdown over how empty I feel over it right now..
4. [+9,104, -413] Viewers deserve a pat on the back for watching this trash drama
5. [+3,319, -38] If the drama producers are going to Phuket for their vacation, please swim there
6. [+3,148, -36] I want to know how Yoo Jung turned out... I want to know how he become 'new'.. I want to know if he healed his wounds and became able to smile.. I want to know if he still likes Seol and if he's still waiting for her... Instead of the flashbacks, couldn't they have shown at least one scene of Yoo Jung's face..
7. [+3,183, -58] I feel like I've been watching Baek Inho overcome his obstacles to become a pianist over the past few months ㅎ
8. [+2,913, -30] I screamed at the end because I was so angry. Such an idiotic ending!
Article: 'Cheese' Happy ending except for Park Hae Jin and Kim Go Eun... there is no romance
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+1,539, -52] I laughed at the end ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Did I stick through this drama to watch an ending like this? With Yoo Jung becoming a sub character... this drama became 'Baek Inho Cantabile'
2. [+1,439, -30] This is so bad!!!!!!! The drama completely became lost in the mountains after they used up all of Sunkki's plots... truly shows that the PD isn't cut out for this job.
3. [+1,313, -32] I laughed at how ridiculous the ending was ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Shouldn't Yoo Jung have found happiness at the end at least?
4. [+121, -3] I heard Chinese companies signed contracts for this drama before the ending was even out because they trusted Park Hae Jin.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and he's the main promoter for the drama too... but Seo Kang Joon has more scenes in the drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ viewers are pissed, even the actor himself is pissed... I have never seen a ridiculous ending such as this since 'Lovers in Paris' ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Was it so hard to give Jung and Seol a happy ending??? How could they have thrown everything up in the air like this and let everyone else get the perfect happy ending?
5. [+112, -4] Park Hae Jin had a guerrilla interview in Hongdae even today. They're totally milking Yoo Jung for this drama. He's done over 60 media interviews for the drama, totally overworked!!
Article: 'Cheese' takes a 3 year time warp... Park Hae Jin and Kim Go Eun never meet in the end
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+824, -20] What about Yoo Jung after the break up? Isn't Jung the main character...? The viewers have no idea what country he's even in, whether he's even still alive... Jung-ah...
2. [+798, -25] I bet the producer b*tch is regretting pre-producing this drama. She probably realized it was a horrible mistake because there's no way she can reshoot scenes to add Jung back in. She's paying quite the price for her decisions~ please don't produce another drama you ajumma!
3. [+682, -20] I can't stand this drama because I feel so bad for Park Hae Jin... I was an avid viewer at first too..
4. [+88, -4] The mother feeds the dongsaeng of the b*tch who almost killed her own daughter and then complains about Yoo Jung never being in contact... even until the end of the drama, Yoo Jung gets chewed out before disappearing for good.
5. [+58, -2] The parents treated Yoo Jung so cold when he was the one who stayed all night, paid her hospital bills, and handled everything... but of course to Inho, they offer him noodles when it's his nuna that even put their daughter in the hospital. I felt so bad for Yoo Jung.. apologized for himself until the end.
Article: Seo Kang Joon, Kim Go Eun, and Park Hae Jin go their separate ways... 'open ending'
Source: TV Daily via Daum
1. [+1,333, -53] Was Yoo Jung a character that required so much self reflection? The ending was just as I expected. Dumping everything on Yoo Jung as if he's the only who is in the wrong... I hope the PD sits at home and thinks about what she did to this drama, what she did to Park Hae Jin..
2. [+943, -18] Horrible ending, horrible producer
3. [+812, -17] Everything was great up to the sixth episode.... what exactly happened after that week they skipped episodes!
4. [+400, -7] This drama was a story about a prodigal pianist overcoming obstacles to recover his career
5. [+341, -11] The ending is so daebak... the parents forgive the person who tried to kill their own daughter but then get mad at Yoo Jung who paid for her hospital bills just because he didn't come to visit... Only Inho got the happy ending. They only saw Yoo Jung for his money... If Yoo Jung left because he's 'strange' then Inho and Inha are pathetic criminals. The ending is just of her checking her inbox.... that's not even an open ending, it's gaping open. So what if she checks her emails? It doesn't guarantee that they'll meet up again either. In the end, Yoo Jung just got Sangchul a job and fixed Inho and Inha's lives before leaving like he's the strangest out of them all.
6. [+340, -11] A drama about a psychopath... a psychopath PD.
7. [+259, -10] I miss Yoo Jung already... just Yoo Jung himself.
8. [+253, -9] I've been a lover of tvN dramas all along but after seeing them air this trash, I reckon they'll just become another public broadcast channel soon