Article: [Interview] '4 crowns' Red Velvet, "We're proud to have our music color recognized"
Source: Sports Donga via Naver
1. [+1,210, -144] Even the members said that they completely gave up on attracting the public and even getting a high digital rank on the charts so why rag on them for that? Did SM threaten you to buy their album with a gun to your head? Fans are buying their album because they like them, what's the issue here?
2. [+1,196, -167] SM doesn't care about attracting the public. They're a company that brings in new genres that Korea has never tried before and experiments with their idols. People always call SM's music trash but it's SM that dictates the trend direction of idols ㅋㅋ
3. [+994, -107] It's not like SM's some rookie company that has only been in the industry for 1-2 years, they're just very stubborn when it comes to sticking to a concept that they planned regardless of whether the public likes it or not.
4. [+184, -36] I don't know why people insist on artists adhering to what the public wants instead of the public going to find music fit to their own tastes
5. [+153, -26] SM's really the only company that lets their idols do love or hate genres like deep house and R&B
6. [+189, -39] Isn't it important for a rookie group to go through the process of finding what genre works for them? They have to try different things to figure that out. In the end, is it a good thing after all to always come out with the same music with the same concept to get the same love? I know that through this Red Velvet will grow stronger.
7. [+157, -29] Red Velvet and f(x) are both pursuing modern music genres but so many kids are deaf to that ㅋㅋ
8. [+142, -26] Red Velvet's probably the only group that has debuted with two different concepts but still sticks by both of them ㅋㅋ Anyway, the members themselves said they came out with this concept knowing that it won't chart well so why give them fuss over it?