Pann: I don't consider idols singers
Guckkasten vocal/guitarist Ha Hyun Woo and 'Mask Best Singer' said in an old interview, "I don't consider the people who are called idols as real singers. They're entertainers who put on a show and sometimes I even think that they're presenting a lie. People say that they beat hundreds of thousands in a competition to be picked and become singers, but I'm really curious as to how they become singers with what talent."
1. [+708, -3] Let's be understanding, he said this right after working with Goo Hara
2. [+451, -3] I think he said this out of rage because it was right after he was working with Goo Hara ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+251, -3] Save Goo Hara
4. [+148, -5] Anyone who is putting him down, go listen to at least one Guckkasten song. I'm his fan and it makes me upset that Ha Hyun Woo is more known for his statement on idols than for his songs. He's a musician who was so in love with music that in high school he practiced tonality by having his friends stomp on his stomach, couldn't make a living out of music so he went to do hard labor and ended up getting electrocuted, couldn't afford food so he froze ramen soup to thaw for his next meal. That's how much he sacrificed for his music. After all that he's gone through, do you not think you'd be pissed off seeing someone like Goo Hara call herself a singer? And Ha Hyun Woo isn't putting all idols down, he even gave Jung Jinwoon his own song.
5. [+118, -3] I was thinking it was wrong of him to say that because there are a lot of idols this doesn't apply to but after hearing that he worked with Goo Hara, I'm completely understanding ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+100, -0] But it's true that there are a lot of untalented idols. There are so many kids I watch and think how they're out on TV singing with no skills. Groups usually have only one member who can sing and the majority always have one member who completely can't. I'm really curious how they became idols when they can't sing or dance. There are very few idols who can call themselves singers.
7. [+85, -2] But isn't he technically right? ㅋㅋㅋ And there are a lot of talented idols these days but back then idols were just 'show entertainers'..
8. [+71, -0] Ha Hun Woo doesn't hate idols, he likes them if they're talented. He just hates the ones who trust their faces and can't sing worth crap. He's not attacking your oppas so you can go on with your day. I can't stand when people try to put down Guckkasten when they're considered the president of indie.
9. [+50, -0] I was going to retort what he said until I heard he worked with Goo Hara ㅠ I understand...
10. [+34, -0] I'm jealous of Goo Hara... she can't act, sing, or dance... she lives completely off of her face.. and has a huge career in Japan. Would I have been as successful with a face as pretty as hers..