Pann: Comparison of SM-YG-JYP's 2015 sales
SM 324 billion won >> YG 193.1 billion won >>> FNC 72.6 billion won > JYP 50.5 billion won >> Cube 22.3 billion won
2015 Business Profits
SM 36.4 billion won >> YG 21.8 billion won >>>> FNC 5.9 billion won > JYP 4.1 billion won >>>>>>>> Cube 700 million won
2015 Net Profit
YG 23.9 billion won >> SM 17.8 billion won >>>>>> JYP 3.2 billion won > FNC 2.2 billion won >>>>>>>>>>> Cube -5.5 billion won
SM: Bringing Woollim under SM boosted sales
YG: Big Bang made all the sales all year long
JYP: Stayed in place due to the huge investment made into Twice's debut
FNC: Big sales but no substance
Cube: Absolute worst situation
1. [+179, -116] If Inspirits or Lovelyz fans have any shame at all, please don't think your groups were responsible for SM's sales..
2. [+134, -27] YG dug their own grave. Who told them to debut groups to take over Big Bang's legacy so late? ㅋㅋㅋ They had to invest so much to debut both Winner and iKON at once ㅋㅋ They should've just gone with the normal schedule of releasing a male group four years ago and the group would've been at an equal level or right under Big Bang right about now ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+59, -4] YG has a lot of artists though ㅋㅋㅋ They have Psy, Lee Hi, AkMu, Winner, iKON, 2NE1.. and even actors too. No reason to worry. It's true that Big Bang made up a majority of their profit but they still have a ton of artists who sell just as well still waiting on the backburner ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+44, -16] YG will never go under ㅋㅋㅋ Yang Hyun Suk has bad planning but his artists have always been talented and hit daebak. JYP's the one that I'd be worried about... Twice seems to be the only group that's working out for them right now.
5. [+41, -21] INFINITE did fine last year, go look at their album sales
6. [+41, -4] YG would be crazy if they sent all 5 of Big Bang to the army... who could make up for their sales while they're gone?
7. [+39, -2] YG artists are so popular for how long their hiatuses are... Yang Hyun Suk does have an eye for singers.
8. [+38, -0] I don't understand why sales are so different from their net profit???
- It's because YG doesn't have a lot of comebacks but Big Bang is still bringing in tons of money from world tours and fan meets. On the other hand, SM's income is mainly from releasing a lot of songs. While that does bring in good profit, it also has huge expenses like music video production to outfit costs so they're not left with as much in the end.
9. [+26, -0] YG's going to pay hard for their decisions soon... should've sent Big Bang to the army while they were on their huge hiatus but now iKON and Winner's behind because their debuts were postponed and Big Bang has to serve soon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+25, -0] Once Big Bang leaves for the army, YG will have no choice but to open up the rest of their artists
11. [+20, -0] It's laughable how Hyun Suk dragged out his rookies' debuts but now that Big Bang's getting ready to go to the army and he's going to lose his main cash cow, he's already starting to overwork iKON ㅎ.. Should've prepared earlier for this happening. He knows himself that Big Bang was the group keeping him afloat so why so irresponsible?