[Update: Pann] Mamamoo apologizes for incorrectly mentioning Taemin in their award speech


Article: Mamamoo makes award speech mistake, "We apologize for impolite mention of Taemin sunbae"

Source: Newsen via Nate

Mentioned Taemin during their award speech thinking he was a runner-up but it was Jimin and and Twice.

1. [+284, -21] They were runner-ups with Taemin on a few music shows already so I can see why they had the misunderstanding ㅋㅋ good of them to apologize right away

2. [+260, -23] I can see why they made the mistake. Good of them to apologize fast...

3. [+186, -20] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Look at them apologizing right away, how cute

4. [+16, -10] It can happen, good that they apologized fast

5. [+12, -9] "Sunbae" ㅋㅋㅋ the girls have to suffer giving some guy who can't even sing the sunbae treatment

6. [+9, -4] I've honestly never listened to Taemin's song even once. Mamamoo's I've heard on the streets several times and yet his fans are complaining that they don't understand how he isn't winning. I always listen to music on Melon and I don't even see him on the charts...

7. [+6, -2] Do well, Mamamoo!

8. [+5, -11] Taemin looks like their dongsaeng, I wonder what their age gap is?

-

Pann: Mamamoo scandal all the rage over on female community board

1. [+255, -17] I'm a Shawol and we should stop here. There's no use fighting over it, it's only going to get worse. I saw that they apologized so go read it. They were runner-ups together on 'Music Bank' so I understand why they were confused. I like Mamamoo and continue to support them.

2. [+214, -283] I'm a Shawol and it honestly pisses me off

3. [+163, -339] Ah, I hate Mamamoo ㅡㅡ

4. [+94, -12] Poor Taemin fans. I'm pretty sure Taemin fans never hated on Mamamoo but Mamamoo fans keep claiming Taemin fans are hating on them..

5. [+89, -142] Taemin's #9 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ embarrassing

6. [+85, -2] Taemin's the victim, why are people putting down Taemin ㅋㅋ Mamamoo uploaded an apology on Twittr and it's resolved now, just the case drop.

7. [+72, -2] All the rage? I've never even heard of this scandal until now

8. [+63, -1] I think they assumed he was a runner-up because he was next to the MC and he was the last stage too. I thought he was a runner-up as well.. but still Solar was wrong so it was right of her to apologize.

-

Pann: Mamamoo dissed Taemin

1. [+215, -8] They were up against Taemin on other music shows too.. it was just a mistake but I'm sure Taemin was surprised and his fans feel uncomfortable about it. I don't think Mamamoo did it to diss him.

2. [+203, -40] Mamamoo apologized, please Shawols let us go this one time ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+174, -9] I think they prepared the speech beforehand since Taemin was always a runner-up... let's be cool about this, Shawols. Taemin's already won #1 plenty of times.

4. [+59, -5] I don't think any Shawols are saying anything bad

5. [+52, -69] The three runner-ups are right there on the screen in front of them and they're up against all female singers ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I don't know how they made that mistake. I 100% they did it to screw him over.

6. [+47, -0] Taemin did look taken aback but Mamamoo has been runner-ups with him so I think they were confused. It's still their mistake but they apologized... I don't think they meant any ill by it.

7. [+27, -1] Shawols have no intention of hating on them for this... I can't believe people are actually speculating that Mamamoo are foxes who intentionally did this to make him feel bad; they even apologized ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+25, -3] It's just a mistake, let's not start a witch hunt over it

-