Article: Girlfriend, "Dirt spoon idols? Not at all"
Source: Newsen via Nate
When asked if they agree with the notion that they're a miracle for the success they've achieved despite being from a small "dirt spoon/poor" agency, they said, "Not at all. We were able to afford lessons and our agency did a lot for us. We were able to train without lacking anything. We're the only group under our agency so our practice room wasn't too small either. We are definitely not dirt spoon idols."
1. [+286, -14] Did you know that if you actually look up the members from small agencies, it's just their agencies that are small and that most come from wealthy families ㅋㅋㅋ some haver parents who are professors, prominent figures in culture, business, doctors ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+220, -11] Umji's dad is a dentist
3. [+151, -8] Their CEO used to be a high official in SM and JYP
4. [+23, -0] No way they could've been from a small agency when they had so many TV opportunities since debut;;
5. [+22, -2] Yeah, they're definitely not. Their debut album even had bus ads running... I kept seeing 'Girlfriend' everywhere and I thought they were ads for a new dating app. They got quite the heavily funded debut.
6. [+20, -9] I don't know anything about their financial background other than the fact that they're ugly for an idol group
7. [+19, -7] Busted...
8. [+14, -1] Their CEO left huge companies to start his own mid-sized company... no way that they started "poor"
9. [+14, -4] Anyone who was serving in the army when Girlfriend debuted would've seen a ton of their news in the army newspaper. I saw lots of their articles talking about advice from A Pink and pictures of them with other famous celebrities ㅋㅋ their agency definitely backed them up well
10. [+7, -4] I like Girlfriend but they really need to lay off on the close ups on their faces. Please just keep it at far away, long full shots. Their faces hurt my eyes.
1. [+64, -4] Their agency is so good to them and helped them grow. They have less staff than the actual number of members in the group but they go all out for them.
2. [+55, -3] Their agency is really good at managing them. They have good teamwork and will be a long running group.
3. [+57, -5] Do well, looking forward to your next album too
4. [+61, -7] From Girlfriend's perspective, they're the only group under their agency so even if the agency is small, all of their investments go towards them so I'm sure they feel loved and don't feel that they're from a "poor" agency at all
5. [+28, -0] Their hard work is paying off
6. [+33, -2] Their agency may be small but it also means that they get all the focus and attention. There's pros and cons.
7. [+27, -1] Their agency probably feels like proud parents who would rather their children eat well even if it means they have to starve ㅜㅜ
8. [+27, -1] Their agency didn't have much power at the beginning, they had to guest on 'Weekly Idol' with another group. They've grown now to the point where they can star in it themselves.