Article: Winner concert using Big Bang to sell tickets
Source: Sports World via Nate
Winner's first concert has significant leftover tickets (2,378 on the 12th, 1,091 on the 13th) despite plenty of events where tickets where practically handed out for free (article mentions in comparison to iKON who sold out their first concert). In order to sell the rest of the tickets, other events using Big Bang has been implemented like people who buy tickets will also be given a free Big Bang 2009 concert VOD.
1. [+427, -30] What do you expect when you put a rookie group on hiatus for a year and four months and after their first album, you can't expect their popularity to pick up where it left off... they were basically gone for two years, only top level stars go on breaks for that long
2. [+422, -71] I'm talking here + crappy acting + gynecologist statement + their lack of music show promotions... they were in how many scandals already? It'd be a wonder if they were actually doing well
3. [+329, -64] I've lost complete respect for them after the gynecologist statement, so... I change the channel when I see them on TV. Why would anyone pay money to go see their concert?
4. [+34, -8] Anyone who's watched Winner TV will have realized that Yang Hyun Suk has no interest at all in Winner's type of music. You can just tell that he doesn't care for the members' style or their music... I still remember how dissatisfied he looked when Winner won on 'Win' while I remember him looking happy when Park Jin Young said he'd invest in iKON if it were up to him. Winner's the type of group that does well the more you praise them whereas iKON's the type of group that does well the more you criticize them and light a fire under them, but Yang Hyun Suk treats both groups like he would Big Bang by saying spiteful criticism so of course only iKON, the group most similar to Big Bang, will grow from it. Yang Hyun Suk needs to treat Winner differently, although I doubt he will..
5. [+33, -4] Whether YG supports them or not, their new album is a complete flop for something that took two years to produce. There was no reason that an album like that should've taken two years.
6. [+29, -3] I wonder why they felt the need to split iKON and Winner so needlessly. The public can't tell what the difference in color between their music styles are, should've just made them one rookie group and supported them all at once. Instead, both are in awkward positions now.
7. [+27, -1] What can YG do without Big Bang?
8. [+26, -3] One of the best replies make it sound like the group flopped because of the gynecologist comment but honestly that kind of stuff doesn't affect the popularity of male groups. It's not like Big Bang who wears imperial clothes and choke girls has flopped, right? Lee Byung Hun hasn't flopped, right? Im Yoon Taek who said so himself that he was an iljin hasn't flopped, right? Ryu Jun Yeol hasn't flopped after his ilbe controversy? Just a ton of shields... but female celebrities who get caught in scandals like that, they're the ones that have their careers and lives ruined over it. Winner's reason for flopping is not the gynecologist statement, they just really lack popularity.
9. [+26, -6] Such a waste of Kang Seung Yoon's talents, why'd he have to become an idol
10. [+24, -1] Their bubble has simply popped. They lost even to Girlfriend.
11. [+16, -2] Isn't it too early for a concert anyway... they've gotten a ton of antis too
12. [+15, -0] If they're a rookie group, they should be out on music shows and varieties but of course YG acts like they're some expensive top level idol group and barely puts them on varieties or music shows and instead goes on random year long hiatuses... there's no way they can get popular under conditions like that.
13. [+13, -1] If YG actually wants them to be successful, they should be treating them like a rookie group instead of all this superstar treatment. YG treats them like they're Big Bang already. Sure to the agency they might be their next hidden card but to the public, they're just another nugu group with bad songs and members with no charms. They could be giving tickets out for free and no one would still go. The members just don't have any star potential...