Article: 'Cheese in the Trap' producers apologize to fans of original webtoon + cast + original author... "We are sorry" [official statement]
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+615, -9] Park Hae Jin read the original webtoon 3 times and rejected the casting offer multiple times before deciding to do it before the director or scriptwriter for the drama was even confirmed. He accepted the casting offer solely for his trust in the character of Yoo Jung. He worked so hard to pull the character off and his efforts shined, anyone who's seen the drama will tell you that. But even when he prepared according to the script, the producer changed the script on scene, picked out different scenes, ignored his opinions... I'm surprised that Park Hae Jin suffered treatment like this but still had the heart to go to 50 different interviews with a smiling face to promote this drama. Does this PD really deserve to call herself a PD?
2. [+494, -12] Disgusting how the PD's personal bias was allowed to change a drama to this extent. Completely destroyed a character by shifting the most important scenes over.
3. [+416, -9] Don't you think you could've at least written 'Actor Park Hae Jin' instead of apologizing generally to 'the participating actors'? The male lead has been made less than a piano for crying out loud...
1. [+16,467, -275] Still can't believe they turned the male lead into such a fool
2. [+14,579, -377] This drama should've been left as a webtoon, now both the webtoon writer and the viewers are left with a bad taste
3. [+9,831, -213] Quite the problematic drama in more ways than one
4. [+9,148, -205] Too late to turn back time
5. [+7,709, -367] Is this apology even genuine?
Article: 'Cheese' Kim Go Eun gets into a car accident because of Lee Sung Kyung
Source: Star News via Nate
1. [+886, -12] I haven't missed one episode of this drama and I still don't understand why Baek Inha feels like she deserves more than she has. She's always blaming others for what she does to herself.
2. [+864, -17] Were they joking with that blood? I thought it was hot pepper paste ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+727, -8] I have never seen someone bleed like that out of their back
4. [+95, -4] Lee Sung Kyung seriously looked like a crazy b*tch today, I was so scared... I've now realized that it isn't her acting that's the problem but the producer's understanding of the character ㅋㅋㅋ this drama is turning more and more into the story of the Baek siblings and their plot to sabotage Yoo Jung's life. I feel so bad for him.
5. [+93, -1] In the time they were spending scrapping Yoo Jung's scenes to film more of the piano scenes, they should've paid more attention to getting some proper blood painting done, what is that bleeding ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+88, -1] Seol is not bleeding... it's actually 2 liters of the tomato juice she kept in her backpack that exploded;;
1. [+7,601, -65] That blood at the end ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ so unnatural
2. [+6,368, -43] The bleeding was so.... I didn't think she was that injured because her face only had a small mark but if someone's bleeding to that point, they're pretty much near death..
3. [+3,599, -144] The episode was fun today but Inha's so scary ... ㅠ
4. [+1,851, -123] The siblings are so hopeless, they're past the point of just being dumb but constantly victimizing themselves and blaming Yoo Jung for everything
5. [+1,347, -10] The car hit the brakes as soon as it turned the corner but you'd never think that with the amount of blood she was bleeding...
6. [+1,312, -27] Well now that there's no more of the webtoon left to copy, the scriptwriter's true skills are showing. They need more cancer characters to make their jobs easier but they've already used up Sangchul sunbae and Oh Young Gon. Now they're using Baek Inha as their last weapon and doing whatever they want with her to keep the cancer going. This is turning into your regular ol' makjang drama now.
7. [+1,256, -12] What was the point of pre-producing this drama?
Article: 'Cheese' Kim Go Eun in a crisis... happy ending vs sad ending
1. [+4,919, -71] The Cheese That Got Hit By a Car...
2. [+4,825, -356] In the webtoon, Baek Inho's the one who talked as if Yoo Jung's father was his own and talking like the father loves him more than his own son and did so many bad things to Yoo Jung that sabotaged their friendship but I guess the PD just couldn't stand ruining Inho's character like that so she gave all the blame to Baek Inha ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the Baek Inho bias is real
3. [+3,567, -60] Can't believe how different the drama is compared to the beginning...
4. [+2,944, -89] Getting lost in the mountains...
5. [+2,663, -70] The drama's a total makjang now ㅋㅋㅋ