Article: The whisper of a sponsor... "Don't be so stiff"
Source: No Cut News via Nate
An investigative TV show got into contact with a CEO and former sponsor who dropped a tip about a sponsor list that only the top 1% of the richest and most powerful in Korea are able to access. Under protection of his anonymity, producers were shown the list which had a bunch of names from famous actresses all the way down to trainees. He provided recordings, files, and bank statements as evidence.
Producers then got a hold of one actress on the list who agreed to talk about how she got involved. She revealed, "A sponsor once told me, 'Do you think anyone will recognize you for acting with pure intentions? Don't be so stiff, learn when to bow surrender.' I still want to stop this sponsor relationship even now and I hate myself for even agreeing to it in the first place."
A broker also revealed, "It's unfair for me because I've never once made an offer first to a female celebrity. They're always the ones coming to me first, saying, 'Oppa, I'm down on cash. Introduce me to someone nice.'"
An actress trainee revealed in her interview, "When I went to an audition, they told me directly that I could become a star if I gave my body to a sponsor." Another singing trainee said, "They told me that whenever the sponsor wanted me, I had to run to him. Whether that was night or day, I had to go if he called me and I had to listen to whatever he wanted from me."
1. [+816, -11] "I could become a star if I gave my body to a sponsor"
2. [+762, -14] Investigate all you want, this stuff is never going to go away
3. [+757, -25] This has been in talks for so long... people say that the advertising industry is the worst for it. When a random nugu shoots a big name CF, it's usually because they're involved with the CEO of that company.
4. [+129, -2] These investigations are pointless unless actual names are revealed. Stuff like this is already a hush hush fact known by everyone.
5. [+97, -7] As they say, celebrities are just expensive prostitutes
6. [+93, -4] We always tend to think of top stars "no way that she'd ever do something like that" but it's highly likely that she has done it in the past or is currently doing it now
7. [+93, -2] Call them prostitutes or whatever you want to put them down but they still make more money in one deal than any of us can imagine. Even the unpopular ones end up getting married to chaebols in the end too.
8. [+84, -2] Investigations for this will probably end with us coming no further than we were before. Huge companies and politicians are linked with this, no way they'd let it out... like Jang Ja Yeon...
9. [+53, -1] I know someone who is trying to become a celebrity and I think she's involved with sponsors too~ her Facebook updates are always about luxury restaurants, luxury hotels~ and she's not even from a rich family ㅋㅋㅋ She's so stupid to be sharing pictures of her sponsor dates on SNS, it's going to come back to bite her later on
10. [+52, -1] It's not even shocking anymore, it's stuff everyone knows. 70% of the stars do it, right? All those kids who can't even act but get lead roles, all those kids who get on shows without even doing anything..
11. [+48, -3] Probably one of those girl group members who get all the support and attention in their groups
12. [+46, -0] 100% sponsor is involved when some nameless star starts getting in the media for useless crap and lands dramas, varieties, and CF deals. This stuff will never go away. Only the brave like Jang Ja Yeon would attempt to escape it...
13. [+45, -5] All those times I wondered why someone like her would be an MC or why someone like her would be the lead role when there are so many other beautiful stars out there... "sponsor" answers all of those questions.