Article: Sponsor victim A confesses, "They said I was eliminated if I wasn't willing to take my clothes off"
Source: Sports Today via Nate
Trainee, "At first they said that I'd just be meeting men to eat and have tea in exchange for money. They told me that I was too naive and didn't have the right... mentality to be working in this field. That I wasn't ready yet. They asked me if I could take my clothes off if I was ordered to and then said I was eliminated because they didn't believe they could trust me enough to invest in me otherwise."
Another sponsor came forward with a list and recordings of celebrity names and their prices and revealed that the celebrities that we could easily find by searching on portal sites started at 10 million won for sponsors to buy.
Brokers also revealed that most celebrities earn up to 500 million-600 million won in six months with one obligatory meeting a week. Celebrities with status/name usually go for the longer six month contracts instead of short, one off meetings.
1. [+650, -16] This is crazy... My life goal is to save $100,000 to buy my own home.. but to these sponsors, that's the equivalent of $100 to them.. just money that they throw around to have some fun for. I want to believe that my life is worth more than them, though.. cleaner than theirs, no matter how less money I have.
2. [+528, -19] I remember going to vacation in Europe and seeing some old ajusshi with two young women around his arms in beautiful dresses ㅋㅋ he was obviously a sponsor. Could these women really sell their souls for money?
3. [+511, -13] I know there are some celebrities who aren't involved with this stuff... but since we don't know who isn't and who is, they all just look dirty to me now.
4. [+96, -3] Ewww, I bet all those old farts make them do all sorts of perverted stuff..
5. [+81, -3] When I was watching that 'The Boss Is Watching' show, it makes me sick to think that some of those girl groups were probably ordered by their CEO to sell their bodies to the PDs to even get on that show...
6. [+79, -1] "Can you take your clothes off if you're ordered to"? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is this guy a joke? Could he say something like this to his own daughter? Come on, I dare him to say that to his daughter's face. Why should these girls have to strip down just because you ordered them to? What an absolute fool of a person.
7. [+46, -0] That 18 year old girl who gave up her dreams of becoming an actress made me sad at the end. When she asked the PD if there was no other way she could act without having to have sponsors...
8. [+41, -1] On the contrary, I wonder how many times the popular stars we know now had to strip down to get to that status
1. [+849, -20] They own't get to the bottom of this... look at what happened to Jang Ja Yeon. It can all be covered up with money.
2. [+734, -16] Ew, there are even grandpa sponsors, gross
3. [+522, -6] I always knew about it but actually hearing about what goes on makes it so much bigger than my understanding of it. $100,000 to a sponsor is the equivalent of us spending $100 in a night for fun..
4. [+126, -9] Now I know why Yeon Jung Hoon was so bent on marrying Han Ga In as fast as possible. Probably to protect her from all of this...
5. [+113, -2] Remember there was a guy born in 1922 on Jang Ja Yeon's list... gross, getting horny at that age
6. [+107, -4] I assume most female celebrities are sl*ts then =_= and they always act so pure and innocent? Gross~
7. [+80, -0] Whatever... when all of this finally explodes and all of the names are finally released, they better not try to gain sympathy saying "I didn't want to give up my dreams" or "I had to do it for my family"..
8. [+78, -2] If you think about it, there are so many random stars who come up in the media for no reason all the time, especially all those stupid fitness stars
1. [+2,838, -8] We need to reopen investigations into Jang Ja Yeon's list
2. [+1,604, -61] It's not even weird to me anymore. The entire world is like this, not only Korea. This stuff is common in the American industry as well.
3. [+698, -16] I want this all revealed so they all get thrown in jail. I bet all the celebrities who act so pure on TV go home to meet with sponsors off camera too.
4. [+515, -18] It's a symbiotic relationship... a woman with dreams needs money and a man with money needs a pretty woman...
5. [+384, -3] So apparently girl groups get priced higher if they're popular enough that you're able to search their name and a profile comes up. Everyone from the son of huge companies to hospital owners are sponsors who meet with stars once a week for dinner and sex in contracts that last upwards of six months. Can we please get investigations going into these brokers and prostitutes?