Article: Jeff Bernat, "GD has potential to succeed in America.. he's unique, the Pharell Williams of Korea"
Source: Star News via Naver
When asked to name a Korean artist who he thinks has a chance for success in America, Jeff Bernat replied, "I have about three Korean singers in mind, and the first is G-Dragon, who's already well loved. He's unique, different from anyone else in the world. I consider him the Pharrell Williams of Korea. The other is CL. She's already popular in America and known all over the world. The last is Dean. Dean always pursues new music geared towards the future."
1. [+916, -70] Bernat's a singer who is only popular in Korea for his music that's played only in cafes
2. [+753, -53] Producer Diplo already chose GD and TOP as the most two artists with the most potential for success in America
3. [+599, -38] I know that GD has a lot of influence overseas but to hear Bernat saying that is a bit.. ㅋㅋ
4. [+370, -74] The fact that Bernat is the one saying this makes me less inclined to believe it;;
5. [+99, -11] GD is quite unique..
6. [+51, -4] Our country is too judgmental, it's a difficult country for an artist to succeed in;; we judge them until their wings break. I don't think it's a bad idea for Korean artists to try and spread their wings in other countries instead. I wish G-Dragon would give an American advancement a try.
7. [+57, -6] It's not only Jeff Bernat but also Pharrell himself who sends GD tweets asking to work with him and even producers like Diplo and Skrillex who chose GD as the most potential for success in America. Billboard journalist Jeff Benjamin chose GD and TOP as well.
8. [+84, -17] I think GD could succeed in America