Article: Jang Hyunseung the troublemaker? Silence isn't the answer
Source: Mydaily via Naver
1. [+3,299, -80] Doojoon-ah, you're suffering
2. [+2,646, -76] All of the hard work that B2ST worked to build up their image has been shattered in a moment... I don't think their fans are in any position to be calmed down with their rage right now...
3. [+2,293, -75] I'm a B2UTY and I just can't shield this. Whether he had bad intentions or not, he should've said at least something over the past four years. He should've given fans a reason to trust him.
4. [+2,281, -139] Why is he acting like Yoon Eun Hye?;;;;;
5. [+1,992, -65] This is a problem because it's not only himself that's getting hate but he's dragging the other members into this too~
6. [+579, -23] Hyunseung-ah, you picked the wrong concept for yourself. You think you're Hollywood but this is your reality so wake up ㅋ He must've thought all the trouble makers in Hollywood looked so cool but his actions are getting him nothing but hate
7. [+503, -24] This is getting really bad if even his own fans are mad at him...
Poll: What are your thoughts on B2ST Hyunseung's attitude controversy?
Out of line to the fans 78% 2,568 votes
Maybe he has his reasons 14% 449 votes
I don't know 8% 262 votes
1. [+105, -0] It could be a coincidence if it happened once or twice but this has been happening consistently for years already. He's crazy. He needs to be kicked out and starved. Kids with the celebrity disease are hopeless.
2. [+69, -0] Does a celebrity like this deserve fans?
3. [+66, -0] As a rookie, he was thirsty for fan attention but now he thinks of them as a nuisance and wants them to screw off from his private life. I wonder how long this pathetic guy thinks he can act like this.
4. [+57, -0] Quit your job, you don't deserve it at all. I'd be embarrassed as a celebrity to have a peer like him.
5. [+42, -0] My vote goes to kicking him!!!
Article: Jang Hyunseung's attitude controversy shows changing trends in fandom culture
Source: X Sports News via Nate
Article talks about how times have changed in regards to fandom culture and the relationship fans have with their artists. Idols now have to earn the attention of their fans in order to keep them interested while idols in the past were put on a pedestal by their fans. B2ST is given as an example of a group that debuted between the two times in 2009 when groups didn't have to work as hard to earn fans but weren't exactly above their fans either. Fans nowadays are less willing to put up with anything that they feel isn't deserving of their attention as exemplified in this issue since there are so many other groups that are vying for them.
1. [+378, -0] Fans are strangers to the artists anyway so their relationship doesn't really matter but who this actually affects are the fellow members of his group. He should just be like Jessica and leave as soon as he can. They've proven that nothing really happens to a group just because you're missing a member.
2. [+334, -9] I just feel bad for the other members... he needs to leave if he doesn't want to do this anymore ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+261, -4] Why do the other members have to suffer because of him? And his company shouldn't even be letting this behavior slide. They're saints for putting up with this at all because I would've punched him already.
5. [+19, -1] I honestly think people shouldn't joke about it by calling it a 'celebrity disease'... celebrities might actually be suffering from depression or other mental issues from all that stress.
6. [+17, -0] In jobs, there comes a time where you reach a slump and don't want to do anything or even see your co-workers. I understand that... but you shouldn't let those feelings affect your co-workers. He needs to voluntarily leave the group or at least leave as soon as his contract expires...