Article: '1vs100' Stephanie, "Jang Geun Suk paid for two years of my tuition during my difficult years"
Source: TV Report via Nate
"I've been friends with Jang Geun Suk for 13 years. Even our parents know one another. His mother's an amazing person and I follow her advice when I can. Sometimes we'll even go out for drinks without Jang Geun Suk. There was once when he paid for two years worth of my tuition. It was when I was out of work and going through a hard time and called me to feature in his song and perform at his concert in Japan. He thanked me by paying for two years of my tuition."
1. [+486, -14] He didn't just give her the money but made sure it didn't hurt her pride by inviting her to perform at his concert and paying her for it. How nice of him.
2. [+381, -12] Celebrities are on a different playing field from the rest of us... The most we'll do is pay for a friend's meal but they pay for straight up tuition.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+285, -6] Oh~ that's quite cool of him
4. [+46, -0] Jang Geun Suk gets a lot of hate because of his SNS activities but he does a lot of charity work and knows when to give back.
5. [+39, -0] No matter how rich you are, giving away money like that isn't easy...
1. [+6,518, -98] That's cool of him~ I wish them both well
2. [+6,152, -120] He may be cringeworthy at times but I guess it shows that you'll never truly know a person until you get to know them deep enough..
3. [+5,193, -76] He's cringeworthy but does a lot of good things. The sentiment of his comments change on every article about him.
4. [+3,314, -69] This puts him in a new light for me..
5. [+640, -7] He knew that her pride might get hurt if he just gave her the money so he made up an excuse that he needs her help at his concert and paid for her tuition that way... that's really cool of him.
6. [+571, -8] He seems like a cringey tryhard on the outside but when you hear what people actually say about him, all you hear are good things. He's not as popular in Korea as he is overseas but I hope he does even better in Korea in the future.
7. [+460, -7] He sure knows how to give... His acting in 'Beethoven Virus' left quite the impression on me and I hope to see him in a new good drama soon.
8. [+367, -12] Shows that men and women can indeed be good friends