Article: SM officially announces debut of boy group NCT with infinite members
Source: Star News via Naver
NCT (Neo Culture Technology) will be a brand housing several different teams put together for each of the different cities in the world. The teams will form units and collab with one another. Members will be able to join freely and there is no limit to the amount of members under NCT.
NCT will be debuting their first unit this spring along with more teams to promote in Seoul and Tokyo and other major cities in China. More plans are underway for teams for South East Asia, Latin America, etc. One song will be released for the entire NCT brand which the teams representing different cities will be re-releasing under their local languages as well as additional songs in genres fit for their local cultures in an attempt to 'localize Hallyu'.
1. [+2,418, -105] Does anyone else agree that this is ridiculous
2. [+1,222, -59] Ah, the classic SM tactic... we'll give you lots of members because surely there's one for you to pick a bias from
3. [+976, -78] I know this is SM we're talking about but this doesn't seem like an idea that'll work..
4. [+864, -59] Just sounds like they're copying Japan's AKB48 concept to rake in as much cash as possible
5. [+660, -77] Lee Soo Man father please... ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6. [+185, -7] The classic SM tactic... here's all of them, pick your favorite ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+148, -3] Super Junior was originally a concept like this but they had to keep the members because they got so popular
8. [+153, -6] Just how many trainees do they have that they're able to have infinite members ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ you'll be forced to memorize new members just as you finish memorizing the ones that are already in the group..
9. [+140, -2] SM: Gosh darnit, they have to like one member out of all them, right?!
10. [+124, -9] People always put down SM groups before they debut but they always end up successful ㅋㅋㅋ
Article: SM's rookie group NCT, the revolution of idol paradigm
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+936, -49] So is that scammer trainee going to debut too?
2. [+795, -54] Basically he's saying he's going to sell idols as if they're being punched out of a factory
3. [+647, -14] A group that can join and leave freely??...
4. [+587, -31] This is all sorts of wrong..;;;
5. [+128, -3] Is SM backed up with trainees that they need to get rid of or what?
6. [+123, -3] Already a concept being used by AKB48 in Japan. But I doubt that concept can work in Korea's fandom culture where leaving the group is seen as betrayal and personal fans are seen as akgae.
7. [+111, -7] This is just a makjang ㅋㅋㅋ a group you can join and leave freely
8. [+85, -3] NCT is just the name of the entire group as a brand. There are going to be teams under it that promote in different countries under different names.
1. [+33, -3] Finally Lee Soo Man is realizing his dream. No more debuting groups with a set number of members but trainees on an infinite rotation to just release albums and perform at events. Basically the trainees who debut are back to being trainees if they don't get a spot on the next unit... he's creating a whole slew of unemployed boys with this.
2. [+27, -2] A copy of the AKB series?
3. [+14, -1] Soo Man's just the master of stealing lunch money from stupid fangirls ㅋㅋ
4. [+6, -0] Sounds like a copy of Japanese concepts
5. [+5, -0] Infinite members?? How??
6. [+4, -0] The Korean AKB. Are we going to get the Korean version of HKT too?
Article: SM to release a digital song every week for the entire year... 'first up' is Taeyeon
Source: Star News via Naver
1. [+666, -18] SM's working super hard this year
2. [+397, -16] Wow, SM's hard at work ㅠㅠ SM has so many gems to show
3. [+464, -56] So are they going to take over the charts for 52 weeks of the year
4. [+274, -4] What if at the end Lee Soo Man releases his own album
5. [+249, -20] ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ SM, thank you for working so hard ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ every Thursday for a year... can't wait for Taeyeon