Article: [Exclusive] Twice hit with a 'red light' on Chinese promotions... inner scandal with Tzuyu
Source: No Cut News via Naver
Tzuyu, who is Taiwanese, held up a Taiwanese flag on 'My Little TV' and a Chinese composer against the independence of Taiwan called her out, accusing her of being a Taiwanese independence ideologist.
1. [+2,482, -98] China calls themselves a great power but they sure aren't acting like one. So pathetic how they're putting a witch hunt on a minor by forcing political ideologies on her. I trust that Tzuyu can overcome this and earn success.
2. [+1,285, -68] Pffft, the adults are to blame for using Tzuyu for political reasons. Find strength, Tzuyu!!
3. [+872, -62] Find strength, Tzuyu, we'll support you forever ㅎㅎ There is nothing to worry about in this, you can just focus on your promos in Korea. You won't die if you don't go back to China, right?
4. [+745, -43] How upsetting.. I hope cutie Tzuyu finds strength. Supporting JYP through this.
5. [+671, -45] Tzuyu, find strength!! Don't let them intimidate you, and fighting to the other members!!
6. [+147, -11] What would a 16 year old know about politics, she was simply born in Taiwan
7. [+137, -11] Breaks my heart that she's being treated like this just because she was given a Taiwanese flag by the 'My Little TV' producer since she was born in Taiwan.
8. [+126, -10] Scandals like this fizz out fast. She can just avoid promos in China for the time being, not like JYP has anything to lose. Just focus on Korean and Japanese promos and work on building popularity and over time China will be begging her to come back.
9. [+109, -5] I don't think JYP meant Twice for the Chinese market anyway, more for Japan.. They have 3 Japanese members and are earning a great response over there.
10. [+123, -13] I don't know what the point of forcing an idol to take a political stance is for..
1. [+416, -16] She's only 16 ㅋㅋ
2. [+201, -6] I think Koreans should stay quiet on issues involving another country's history and political affairs. Taking sides will only trigger the other side to be more aggressive in their attacks...
3. [+33, -5] Looks like the 'My Little TV' producers made a mistake. Even the Olympics don't bring up the Taiwanese flag, why would they give it to her? And it's not like you'd expect 16 year old Tzuyu to know any better.
4. [+23, -4] There's nothing wrong with a Taiwanese born person holding the flag of Taiwan. She held it up in Korea, not in China.
5. [+24, -6] What's wrong with a Taiwanese person holding the flag of Taiwan?
1. [+600, -10] Her country is powerless so this is how she ends up just for holding up a flag. Poor girl ㅠ
2. [+517, -17] So to the Taiwanese, she's an independence fighter..
3. [+403, -13] To the Chinese, all land is their land
Article: JYP "Tzuyu is a 16 year old girl, she did not give a political opinion" clarification
Source: Mydaily via Naver
1. [+2,600, -77] All Tzuyu said was that she was from Taiwan, she never said anything about independence. These adults are being so cruel. She came to Korea at 14 years old and worked so hard to achieve her dreams and now she's being used for a political agenda. Hopeless, hopeless adults.
2. [+1,557, -40] I'm not her fan or anything but why would anyone assume that such a young girl would know anything about politics ㅡㅡ
3. [+1,230, -45] She's still at an age where she should be playing Maple Story and yet people are assuming she has a political agenda ㅎㅎㅎ
4. [+481, -15] A Taiwanese person is being slammed for holding a Taiwanese flag... sigh
5. [+215, -8] Wouldn't it be weirder if a Taiwanese kid held up a Chinese flag