Article: [Exclusive] Swings granted discharge for mental illness but under controversy for making 25 million won in lectures
Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Nate
Swings was previously granted medical leave from his army service (with 11 months left) when he declared that he wouldn't be doing any activities that earned him a profit for the remaining time in his service and that he would be focusing on treatments. It was found, however, that he has been charging for rap lessons/lectures which amount to about 25 million won a month in profit.
1. [+1,006, -12] He's only a rapper when he's criticizing society and its hierarchy of status ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but him in the face of duty and he's got a "mental illness" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+861, -8] So embarrassing for him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I've never seen these hip hoppers who act all hardcore ever complete a normal service, tsk tsk
3. [+787, -3] Well it looks like he's all better now, time for him to go back to the army...
4. [+56, -1] I bet he acted like an idiot during his medical test and went back to normal once he was discharged
5. [+54, -1] Or he actually does have a mental illness... doesn't even know what he promised anymore. I wonder if he really is even sick....
6. [+51, -1] Someone suffering from a mental illness is giving rap lessons ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ on what? mental illnesses?
7. [+42, -2] So has anyone in hip hop completed a normal service yet?
- The well liked Sleepy
- Might be hard to believe but DinDin
- DinDin, Palo Alto, B-Free, there are more than you think
- Minos, Verbal Jint, Huck P, Rhyme-A-
8. [+27, -1] I know so many people who are actually sick but force themselves to complete their service. Why are there so many "sick" celebrities... I hope they all get healthy soon.
9. [+24, -1] Just shut up and go back to the army
10. [+19, -1] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Idiot ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+18, -1] Who are the idiots even paying for lessons with him ㅎ
12. [+17, -1] If his mental illness is bad to the point where he can't even complete his service, shouldn't he be hospitalized... what's he doing working
1. [+12,739, -82] Maybe he really is mental?? Since he can't even remember what he promised ㅋㅋ
2. [+9,128, -208] This is why hip hop stars will never be taken seriously in Korea ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+7,842, -95] $300 for 4 lessons? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ You kids are better off taking that money and buying your parents a delicious meal with. Why would you waste your money on a pathetic hip hop star like him ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+1,343, -17] This is honestly worse than Psy. Shouldn't he be put back in the army?
5. [+1,019, -8] Well at least we know he wasn't lying about being mental as he's sure acting like it;
6. [+783, -8] Everyone who bought lessons from him for $300 need to get treatment with him too