Article: Park Jin Young apologizes for Tzuyu's scandal... "I'll work on preventing this from happening again" [official]
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+3,056, -105] Why is he apologizing for this? What is he reflecting over for? A Taiwanese person holding a Taiwanese flag is now something to reflect over!
2. [+2,410, -90] What country in the world would apologize for a Taiwanese person holding their own Taiwanese flag? This is so ridiculous that it's making me angry. What would a 17 year old girl know that they're being like this to her? Tzuyu-ya, please find strength, you did nothing wrong.
3. [+1,715, -35] This is such an awkward issue... I know that China has sensitive relations with Taiwan because of their history but is this any way to be treating a 17 year old girl???? It just seems closed minded of them
4. [+828, -16] My heart broke the entire time watching the apology video. I'm sure it was what the company felt they had to do but they basically just made Tzuyu say that she's Chinese and that China is one by apologizing in this manner. The only person deserving of an apology in all of this is Tzuyu for being the political pawn of two countries and her own agency.
5. [+516, -40] What is wrong with Park Jin Young? What did Tzuyu do that you're apologizing for? It's only the Chinese who deny Taiwan, go talk to any foreigners in other countries. Even blonde haired white people differentiate China from Taiwan. How can they force a kid to apologize like this... this is going too far.
6. [+432, -20] Did I seriously read his apology right??? He actually said that he didn't teach Tzuyu better enough???? What the...
7. [+423, -42] Poor Tzuyu... And it enrages me to see Park Jin Young bend over backwards like this just for the Chinese money.
8. [+383, -31] He didn't "teach her right"? I wonder how many times he's ever even seen Tzuyu when she was still a trainee.
9. [+305, -16] I hope Tzuyu isn't hurt any more from this, she's so young
10. [+930, -221] Why has Park Jin Young gotten so pathetic? A Taiwanese person holding the flag of Taiwan is no different from a Korean person holding the flag of Korea. China should be the one to blame for making a fuss out of this. I hope that Park Jin Young never holds the Korean flag again then.
11. [+333, -30] So JYP is blaming Tzuyu for not being taught any better ㅋㅋ Yeah, okay JYP ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
12. [+312, -24] Park Jin Young, what does this make Tzuyu if you apologize like this...
13. [+303, -29] Park Jin Young-ssi! As a fellow Korean, you are embarrassing. I'm sure you're setting a fantastic example for the rest of us.
14. [+267, -23] Pathetic Park Jin Young... care to explain to me what is so wrong with holding your own country's flag?
15. [+558, -134] I used to think Park Jin Young was such a level headed person but even he becomes pathetic in the face of money, tsk tsk
16. [+168, -5] Did they have to upload the video of Tzuyu saying she's Chinese? What does that make Tzuyu in her home country then?
17. [+136, -6] I watched the apology video, Tzuyu stands there alone apologizing... Park Jin Young or another higher official should've been there next to her, or at least have the other Twice members with her... I felt so bad seeing her stand up there alone.
18. [+130, -7] JYP shouldn't have taken a stance at all. What were they thinking...
19. [+125, -7] At this point, I just want Tzuyu back with her mother and father. This is no working environment for a child. Tzuyu's family, please take her home with you. I feel so bad for her.
20. [+136, -11] Well JYP has now lost opportunities in both China and Taiwan
21. [+107, -5] JYP's apology was basically him completely kneeling on the floor and crawling for China... King Gwanggaeto would be rolling in his grave right now.
Article: Park Jin Young and Tzuyu, "China is one... we are genuinely sorry for the scandal" [official apology]
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+95, -13] Looks like JYP is surrendering because even 2PM's Chinese activities have been canceled. But if they were going to let it get to this point, they should've apologized at the start and ended it there. Why wait until the fire has been fanned? Now Taiwan is going to go even crazier over this. JYP basically blew bombs in both China and Taiwan with the way they handled this.
2. [+67, -6] The entire reason JYP chose foreign members for Twice was obviously for the Hallyu wave, but now Korean and Japanese relations have worsened with the issue of comfort women and Korean singers are practically banned off of Japanese TV so a lot of singers have been turning to China but now that's a lost cause too ㅠㅠ
3. [+65, -15] Seems you can't win no matter which side you take. JYP didn't react fast enough to this issue and was too wishy washy. They're going to get double the hate now.
4. [+13, -4] I'm a JYP fan but I don't like how they're handling this. Forcing Tzuyu to apologize like this will make her hated in her own home country. She did nothing wrong... Tzuyu-ya, I'm so sorry you're going through something so difficult at an age much too young. Find strength.
5. [+12, -5] Wow, Park Jin Young is completely blinded by greed and money that he can't even protect his own artist. It's basically like your own kid coming home beat up and then forcing her to go apologize to the perpetrator.
Article: Park Jin Young, "Tzuyu is reflecting... JYP's mistake"
Source: OSEN via Daum
1. [+1,511, -34] And why is she reflecting for holding her own country's flag?
2. [+1,1350, -26] What mistake did she make? She can't even hold her own flag?
3. [+1,259, -54] JYP is messing with Tzuyu's own sense of nationality just because they're scared of China.
4. [+334, -4] What is Park Jin Young saying that he taught Tzuyu... What mistake did she even make to be learning anything from?
5. [+337, -11] JYP has given up any sense of justice for greed of the Chinese money.
Article: Tzuyu releases official apology video... "I will halt Chinese activities"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Daum
1. [+5,197, -92] All this fuss by the Chinese over a Taiwanese person holding a Taiwanese flag
2. [+4,129, -70] Is all of this really necessary;;; jeez... now the Taiwanese netizens are going to be pissed
3. [+3,402, -104] Why are they making her hide her nationality? She's Taiwanese
4. [+1,539, -34] I'm actually pissed with her agency that they're putting a young girl up there on the wall all by herself and making her read that. What are they thinking?
5. [+1,071, -13] This poor girl... can't even hold her own country's flag
6. [+1,022, -12] This has gone too far.... tsk tsk tsk
7. [+936, -43] I hate how that 'My Little TV' show is doing absolutely nothing about this but observing from the back
8. [+863, -10] She's Taiwanese but now she won't be able to fit in either China or Taiwan... I know her agency forced her to do this but they basically threw her under the bus
9. [+565, -19] Park Jin Young, really... is it really necessary for you to step all over this young girl to make your money? Is China that important to you?
10. [+519, -19] Poor girl's about to die because of her psycho agency. I feel so bad for this young girl...