Pann: Seolhyun-ah, you're the only one who seems oblivious to it because your company is indeed doing media play
A webtoon on Naver is supposedly run by someone who has connections to the celebrity industry and short snippets are drawn of the person's random interviews with them. Seolhyun's portion of the webtoon showed her opening up about media play accusations. It reads:
"At first I got hate for being dark skinned so I made my make up whiter but then got hate again for making it whiter. I get hate for this, hate for that... I can't satisfy everyone. I'm the type who... reads and pays a lot of mind to my comments. These days, the comments have been mostly 'She's the queen of media play', 'She's brainwashing us into believing she's the trend', 'People call her a trend but I don't know why'."
The OP of the Pann post then stated: "Instead of acting like the victim when you're mentioning Suzy all the time, how about you realize that your company is indeed doing media play by always bringing down other female idols to call you the trend."
1. [+173, -33] People claim that Seolhyun's a victim in this too but how is she the victim? ㅋㅋ She gains only the benefits of media play out of all of this. It's not like she's Suzy who got huge off of a movie, she got popular purely from her media play. It was all that media play that got her dramas and CF deals even when she can't act, she even got to MC for an awards ceremony when she can't talk worth sh*t. She should be grateful for all these opportunities, not talking as if she's some poor victim. She is the queen of media play, I don't know why people are claiming otherwise. And if she got hate for her dark skin, then she should wear make up better fit to it. Why would she go and wear extreme white make up that doesn't even fit her skin tone just because people said something about it? Does she not know that there are colors in the middle..;
2. [+146, -11] Even male community sites are calling JYP/Suzy a saint for putting up with her. I thought men wouldn't care about issues like this but they do, probably because Suzy's one of the most well liked idols there.
3. [+100, -22] I'm a Suzy fan but I don't think this is Seolhyun's fault bot FNC's problem. FNC is always putting down JYP on broadcast shows too. Don't see why Seolhyun should be apologizing for any of this.
4. [+50, -1] It's hard to call her a trend because she has nothing to show for it in her resume. No drama, movie, or CF deal that has hit huge success. How can she be a trend?
5. [+50, -0] Seolhyun has nothing to show for any of her popularity but she randomly started talking as if she's some trend who's overtaken Suzy. If you compare Suzy and Seolhyun's resumes, what does Seolhyun have to show?
6. [+49, -5] FNC should be the one apologizing. I'm surprised they're not being sued yet over all the false news they've been releasing trying to make it seem as if Suzy's career is over.
7. [+43, -0] I really do feel bad for Suzy in all of this...
8. [+42, -1] No but really, is Seolhyun a trend???? I admit she's pretty and has a great body but what is she a trend in...? Does she only look like she's a trend because of the media play?
9. [+34, -0] I love how FNC had always put out articles talking about how they're different from SM and YG but they always purposely left out JYP so that they could look like they're in the top 3 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+31, -1] Seolhyun fans always try to argue that Seolhyun was popular at AOA's debut even before all this media play because she was all over male community sites but that's a lie because at the time, people like Hyosung, UEE, and Suzy were the queens at male sites. Yura was also popular for her great body. It wasn't until Seolhyun started wearing butt padding that people took an interest ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I heard even Seolhyun gets hate on male community sites now
11. [+26, -2] Pisses me off as a Suzy fan how Seolhyun acts like she's the victim in this all the time. The real victim is right here and it's Suzy.
12. [+18, -0] Seolhyun's a good person. She has a pretty face and a good body, I acknowledge that. But she needs to be honest with herself and admit to the media play... I've read so many articles about Suzy being put down to call Seolhyun the new trend and they were all featured on the main page, so obviously Suzy must've read them if she was ever on the internet. It makes me feel bad for her as a fan, knowing that she had to read that about herself. I also feel bad for Seolhyun too.. she claims that those articles weren't released by FNC but then who else would've done it? And they know that Seolhyun is getting so much hate over them, then why isn't FNC doing something about it? I hope that one day Seolhyun stops the media play and starts building a career for herself with real credits.