Article: JYP reps, "The agency did not force Tzuyu to post the apology video... decision was made after consulting her parents" (official)
Source: 10asia via Nate
1. [+258, -72] A coward until the end
2. [+249, -49] Seriously hated how they wrote 'Chinese-Korean relations' in their offical statement
3. [+240, -59] Whether it was forced or not, the decision was made under JYP, no?
4. [+37, -23] I expected Park Jin Young to take responsibility and take the blame but after getting all this hate, he calls it the parent's decision ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is the CEO who claims to care more about a person's character than their skills ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+31, -10] If JYP really was a company greedy for money, would they have let WG be in the state that they are or even their leader just leave? Clearly they're in a horrible spot between China and Taiwan's political fight. JYP has nothing going for them right now, everything's been canceled and they're still getting all this hate.
1. [+236, -60] The agency's job was to protect her but not only did they put her at the forefront to take all the bullets for them but they claimed that they did not teach her right. Is a nationality something that is taught?
2. [+170, -57] As if you discussed anything with them, stop with the blatant lies
3. [+120, -31] Did JYP really not stop to think how people would react to a 16 year old standing up there all by herself reading an apology off of a script?????? Why couldn't they just open a press conference... just how desperate were they that they made her stand in some hall and post that video? All JYP had to do was open a press conference with Tzuyu and her parents and explain what was going on... and the apology letter should've been read off by Park Jin Young if anyone.
4. [+45, -19] I don't think netizens understand that the biggest victims in this are Tzuyu and JYP. The foreign office no choice but to surrender to China's power and the foreign office forced JYP into apologizing for the issue. JYP brought Tzuyu's parents to Korea to consult with them on this and the apology was their consensus.
5. [+40, -21] JYP did all that they could, I don't know why they're being blamed for this. This isn't a simple issue, JYP's entire company is at brink of ruin because of this. 2PM's schedules have been canceled and if the Chinese market closes off to them, the company fails too. If anything, this situation is good for Tzuyu because of the sympathy it's garnered for her.
1. [+3,187, -76] What parent would stand around while their own daughter got this much hate... they knew that if they apologized, they could lessen the amount so obviously they went through with it. Their daughter is more important to them, whether the apology was forced or not.
2. [+2,624, -69] I feel bad for Tzuyu's parents but there are always ups and downs and I think Tzuyu has gained a lot of sympathetic supporters through this...
3. [+1,493, -123] Our Tzuyu, find strength ㅠ
4. [+248, -16] JYP, please take care of her... she's young but also living away in a foreign country. I can't imagine what she's under.
5. [+240, -20] None of this would even be happening if not for that Taiwanese singer
Article: Video of 'Tzuyu attacker' Huang An holding the Taiwanese flag spreads online... 'fans explode with criticism'
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+230, -10] He's the worst in all of this. What are he and China doing to a 16 year old girl.
2. [+120, -3] Wow, talk about a turn of events... he tried so hard to hide his own past and got caught in the end.
3. [+111, -4] Threw a boomerang to try to ruin Tzuyu but got hit back
4. [+96, -4] How dare this hypocrite try to lie to everyone?
5. [+57, -0] What's funny about this ba$tard is that he's Taiwanese born himself but Chinese in nationality. He's the guy who tried to exile Tzuyu but look at him in this video waving that flag around. What a disgusting, opportunistic ba$tard.