A couple of horrific chain of events have been rattling the country these past couple of weeks.
It started with an 11 year old girl who was held captive in her home and abused and starved for a year managing to break out and run away (weighing at just 16 kg) before getting help from a local convenience store she had ran into. The lady who owned the store noticed that there was something wrong with the starved girl rapidly putting snacks into her basket and called for help. The girl has recently gone through a month of treatment and currently weighs 23.5 kg, continuing to work towards a healthier weight under more therapy and support.
This launched deeper investigations into all of the students nationwide who are supposed to be enrolled in school but aren't showing up, as administrators had been previously lax and not as responsible about making sure missing students.
This led to a school checking on a male 7 year old student who had been missing since 2012. Once school officials called the parents to check if he was attending school today, the parent's haphazard answers triggered suspicion and police raided the home only to find the child's severed body stored in the fridge.
Further investigations found that the boy's parents were extremely abusive. His parents had stopped sending him to school on April of 2012 and despite the school trying to get authorities involved regarding his 90 days of absence, nothing was done about it.
Around November of 2012, the father admitted to beating his son for over two hours while trying to wash him and then falling asleep. The next morning, his wife left for work as normal, and he didn't wake up until 5 p.m. and noticed that his son was in bad condition. He called his wife to get home and check on him and it wasn't until 30 minutes later that they realized their son, who was slumped over the computer desk, was dead.
He then ordered his wife to take their 5 year old daughter out to grandma's house. The wife left their daughter there and came back home, stopping to buy fried chicken on the way because he was hungry.
The next day, the two cut up their dead son's body, leaving his limbs and head in their freezer and disposing of the rest of his body in public bathrooms.
It wasn't until 2016 when the 11 year old runaway girl launched investigations into all missing students that the horrific murder was finally uncovered.
In unrelated news yesterday, a man in his forties also murdered his wife to death with a hammer, his 18 year old son, 11 year old daughter, and finally himself, in what authorities claim to be a crime resulting out of insomnia.
Article: '16 kg 11 year old girl' who escaped abuse discharged from the hospital in good health
Source: Yonhap News via Naver
1. [+15,041, -90] The owner of the convenience store needs to be given an award! She had the heart to worry for the child's condition more than the fact that she was stealing.
2. [+4,992, -49] Grow up healthy ^^
3. [+4,140, -36] I hope she grows up happy
4. [+3,317, -45] The child will be raised by the country so the parents should give up their rights and live their trashy lives out on their own
5. [+843, -3] It's because of this child that investigations into missing children from schools are being launched and the case of the child kept frozen in the fridge has been uncovered. She's done a great deed for the world and I hope there's nothing but happy things for her to look forward to. I hope that all of the children being abused in places we can't see will be saved.
Article: Murderer of son calmly reenacts the scene of how he disposed of his son's body in public bathrooms for 10 minutes
Source: Munhwa Ilbo via Nate
1. [+1,742, -20] This man not only skinned his son but cut his limbs and head and kept it in his fridge while throwing away his intestines and bits of the rest of his body in a public bathroom. Is this not worthy of the death penalty? I refuse to have the taxes I pay go down this man's throat. Please kill him.
2. [+1,317, -9] There is nothing left about this man that makes him a human being. Kill him. He stuffed his own child down a toilet and he can shove chicken down his throat? And if you're not going to give him the death penalty, let him free so that we can kill him instead. Let's run a test and see how many stomps it takes to kill a man.
3. [+1,106, -9] That poor child.. if only one of his parents was a normal person... how in the world was he born to such cruel beings...!!!! I hope that his parents never see the light of the world again!!!
4. [+74, -2] I just... I can't even begin to fathom what just happened. They took a dead body... cut it up, like he was some piece of fish... cut it up small enough to fit down a toilet... what..? How is that something a human being can do? Just so crazy... they're devils... They took a knife to their own's neck, his arms, his legs... no, I can't even imagine this.
5. [+66, -4] The heavens took him because they felt so bad for him... if he was still alive now, he'd be enduring even more abuse. Child, rest peacefully without pain... ㅠㅠ
Article: Father of son murder admits, "I killed my son"
Source: News 1 via Nate
1. [+1,529, -19] I'm crying. I feel so bad for that child, it's driving me insane. Please kill him in the most painful way possible.
2. [+1,522, -13] Words of hate would be a waste of him. It's not even enough to call him an animal.
3. [+1,367, -14] Even killing him is too good for him
1. [+3,582, -55] You really could sit down for dinner every night knowing that your son's head was stored in your freezer?
2. [+3,230, -88] I can't help but cry. As a father of two sons, there are times that I reprimand them but even I know that it's ultimately my fault for raising them wrong that they're making mistakes and end up holding them tight... children are so beautiful. 7 years old... the age where they should be the most loved. Sigh, this ajusshi is so sorry for you.
3. [+2,815, -43] I couldn't bear to finish reading because I was so disgusted. 7 years old ㅠㅠ please meet good parents in your next life and be happy..
Article: 'Without tears or hesitation' the father reenacts the scene of the murder
Source: SBS via Nate
1. [+641, -3] Why are the faces of the police revealed but not the criminals? At this rate, none of us would ever know if he ever moved in to our neighborhood. How are we to know that they're rapists or murderers? This is not a time to be protecting their rights
2. [+576, -4] Show his face!!! Look at him, he's even wearing ear muffs and a face mask. Is it to protect him from catching a cold? What rights does this subhuman being even have to protect?
3. [+500, -6] What's the point of hiding his face? And even letting him wear a mask because it's cold? Jeez;;; just reveal his face
Article: Man in forties kills his entire family and then himself "Crime likely the result of insomnia"
Source: Yonhap News via Nave
1. [+3,466, -43] For him to have hammered his wife and two kids to death, I don't think this is simply insomnia and depression to blame
2. [+2,564, -42] If you're going to die, please die on your own
3. [+1,924, -33] His poor kids.. sigh
4. [+1,717, -28] An utter psycho
5. [+374, -3] Please.. please, if you're going to die, die on your own. Let those who want to live just live..
Article: "His daughter was sleeping with her teddy bear in her arms"... man in forties kills family and then himself
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
1. [+2,136, -59] What did the wife do to deserve this? Why do people think that they own their kids? They are all individual human beings who have a right to their own life...
2. [+2,117, -22] Those poor kids...!!
3. [+1,788, -32] The world is such a scary, nerve wracking place..!!
4. [+103, -7] Why didn't he die on his own? Why even kill his children with such bright futures ahead of them! Why even bother raising them if he's going to do this to them? Such a selfish man. We live in a world where even your own family is your enemy.