Article: Japan nation's group SMAP is disbanded... due to company dispute
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+1,208, -97] The fact that they're leaving with their manager after al this time shows loyalty. Could they have avoided disbandment if Kimura Takuya left with them? Once again showing how amazing Shinhwa's Eric is. He rejected SM's offer and just took all of the members and left ㅋㅋ
2. [+756, -84] People in Korea might not care about news on Japanese entertainment but this is actually a huge scandal in Japan's industry right now
3. [+600, -68] Just think of the five members individually on the same level as SM, YG, JYP, FNC, and Loen to put it into perspective for you
4. [+281, -18] Hul? ...........
5. [+115, -4] Never in my life did I think I'd see SMAP disband...
6. [+123, -9] And so another generation ends here. So was the Red White Song Festival their last stage then? I guess Arashi is taking the nation's idol title then.
7. [+117, -12] SMAP is so popular that their fandom is comprised of generations. You go to their concert and it's full of grandmas, their kids, etc. They're a group that went through Japan's bubble economy and were the first idols to star on variety shows because their albums weren't selling otherwise. They can't be compared to any singer in our country. All of the members are capalbe of singing, acting, hosting shows, etc. Nakai is practically the Yoo Jae Suk of Japan, the nation's MC.
8. [+74, -2] They've maintained the group for over 20 years, it's such a waste to disband over something that's not even the group's problem but their agency's. They're individually all famous in Japan so I'm sure they won't have to worry about making money but there's even a show named after SMAP, what about that;; And even if they all leave together, it's going to take at least 10 years of lawsuits to take the SMAP name like what happened to Shinhwa.