Article: 'Mask Best Singer' Kim Gura, "SM has so many issues, why won't they release an album for Dana?"
Source: Mydialy via Nate
1. [+1,590, -95] As if you don't know that SM always prioritizes making money over talent ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+1,287, -59] SM honestly has so many talented singers but their songs always have a way of hiding that talent... I wish Dana will get album opportunities in the future. Sad to see her talent go to waste..
3. [+963, -193] SM is not a charity foundation, why would they invest money into someone who they know isn't going to make them money. Even if she's talented, there's nothing special about her that makes her better than all the other idols out there who are not only talented but have the visuals and potential to back it up. Why would SM invest in someone who's older and whose image has run its course as a product... Unless she shows something worthy of SM to actually invest in, she's just done.
4. [+68, -1] SM actually supported her solo a lot and put her in a lot of varieties when she was in CSJH. It's unfair to claim that SM did nothing for her.
5. [+62, -1] It's funny how people act like they care about Dana now when the whole reason she's nothing right now is because they never cared in the first place. When Dana was younger and an active idol, she was in the most varieties with Stephanie and did all sorts of things to make that 'cute but dumb' image for herself, which actually ended up doing nothing for her in the end. And now you're all hating that SM isn't letting her release an album ㅋㅋ hilarious considering you don't know that Dana was the most supported member in SM when she was still active. She was put in everything from varieties to dramas.
6. [+58, -2] I wouldn't blame SM for this. Dana's solos flopped, CSJH flopped but Lee Soo Man still put out albums for her. He was so loyal to even The Trax that he gave them album opportunities before they had to enlist. SM will take care of you until the end as long as you don't betray them.
7. [+58, -4] Don't hate SM. I bet if Kim Gura was the CEO of SM, he'd never give Dana an album opportunity. All of you hating on SM would never buy Dana's album if she put one out.
8. [+51, -4] It's okay, Dana's family is super f*cking wealthy so she'll be fine even if she doesn't release albums.
9. [+47, -0] Heard that Dana's a vocal trainer at SM now. Isn't SM being generous with that?
10. [+47, -4] Seeing as how Taeyeon only got her solo after 10 years since debut, the entertainment industry is colder than you'd think. There are tons of singers with stellar music talent but ones who can turn that talent into making money are rare. The industry is all about your worth as a product, not your artistic value.
1. [+1,240, -54] I think Dana should've stayed solo when she first debuted solo. She was doing fine with her second album until she was randomly thrown in a group full of recycled members and forced to do dance songs, which buried her vocal talent. Furthermore, the group was promoted more in Japan and they became flops in Korea... SM ruined Dana.
2. [+896, -38] I always knew she was a great singer but age seems to have made her even better... she's become a diva now.
3. [+721, -24] She's matured so much~ ^^
4. [+195, -19] So Soo Man has been hiding this pearl all along. She's as talented as SNSD Taeyeon but now it's all gone to waste.
5. [+189, -15] She surprised me with how amazing she is. SM needs to hurry up and give her a solo or a CSJH comeback. This talent is too good to waste.