Article: Did 'Show Champion' have to make Dal Shabet read hate comments?
Source: X Sports News via Nate
The show had the girls read hate and respond back. The comments were, "No one in this group can sing", "Their make up's too thick, they all look average", "Seri is really ugly, she should leave the group", "One of them has a weird nose, thought she was Michael Jackson. Her nostrils are mismatched and gross", "I don't know who Dal Shabet is", "Soobin's so cringe with her saturi", "This group looks so desperate to fail", and "Their song is sh*t. They should rename the song from 'Someone Like U' to 'Like Sh*t".
1. [+659, -13] I think this is a bad instance of Korea trying to copy an American TV show. If they were going to copy it, they should've brought on actual top stars like Jang Dong Gun, Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Taiji, or Kim Tae Hee. Why would they make poor singers who haven't even had the opportunity to shine yet read stuff like this...
2. [+629, -15] I think they were trying to copy an American TV show... there's a show that makes foreign stars read their hate comments to see their reactions but they usually react back by swearing and stuff. They're so culturally open that it doesn't really bother them so they just coolly brush it off but I think it's crazy to think that our Korean idols can handle that same type of heat... they're still young, they haven't had the opportunity to shine yet, why would you make them read this kind of stuff?
3. [+441, -7] Some of these comments are.. really harsh
4. [+30, -0] I get some hate comments but these are just trash... why would you make them read this stuff.. even if they act cool about it on the outside, I bet they were really hurt on the inside.
5. [+27, -1] There's a show on YouTube that does this with Hollywood stars but the stars usually respond back with witty stuff like, "Yeah but I make more money than you the poor fool". America's a lot more open and free spirited with this kind of stuff than us because of their culture but this isn't something our country is ready to accept yet... Imagine if Dal Shabet had responded like "I bet my nose is prettier than you, I can already tell you're an ugly orc so shut the f*ck up" to these comments? Dal Shabet would've been exiled from the industry, I bet. America has TV shows fit for their own culture and Korea shouldn't be copying them blindly without thinking of the repercussions. Disappointed in 'Show Champion' for this.
6. [+25, -0] Poor girls... they've already spent years agonizing over their popularity. Only top stars who are already huge and popular should be allowed to read these type of comments.
7. [+22, -0] They obviously laughed it off for the show but I bet they were so hurt inside
8. [+19, -0] It's obvious they copied an American show but the public here is clearly showing the difference between the cultures. I thought it was sad watching them read these as well... I'd be hurt if someone said those things to me but Dal Shabet were forced to manage their facial expressions and act like it didn't bother them ㅠㅠㅠ
9. [+16, -0] I don't hate or love Dal Shabet but this was wrong. I bet they cried once the cameras stopped rolling.
10. [+13, -0] I think I read a lot of those comments on Nate